Noosa 9th-10th of June 2007

Angus

Well i headed up to Noosa for the long weekend with the family.

The primary reason for heading up was actually my grandmothers 80th B'day. But of course with 3 days there i was not going to pass up the opp for a fish.

Day 1: Went out by myself in the yak. The water was a dark tea colour due to the rain and the fish were hard to rustle up. I did manage a small taylor and a grunter bream on an SX40 and SF50 respectively.

Later on day 1 i headed to Davo's to get dad a present (he lacked a decent spinning reel and rod). Davo's was having a two day sale (timely!!!) so it worked out really nice. Got him a Shimano Stradic loaded up with 6lb braid and a Starlo stick to match. Davo's has an awesome fish tank with two huge Estuary cod, 2 mangrove jack, a 45cm bream and some big eye trevs. Pretty sweet.

Day 2: Dad arrived late at night on day 1 but i dragged him out at dawn on the Kayaks. Sorry dad. Fishing was dissapointing to be honest. Several underszie flatties and whiting on SX40's. Also got a cod up a cool little creek. But nothing major. The highlight of the day was actually fishing from the pontoon in the arvo. Tanya, Amelia and I managed over 30 bream and tarwhine (more tarwhine than bream which has never happened to me). There were also some Moses perch caught. Tanya caught 2 of the biggest Moses i have seen in a river one 27cm and one 32cm. These fish really fought hard. I actually thought the 32cm was a Jack on its way up when i saw colour.

Later on My Grandmother, Unlcle and Dad also came down for a fish. Nothing massive was caught, but it was fish a cast and very entertaining.

I had one big run on a poddy mullet but lost it sadly :(

All in all a great weekend and chance to fish with the family.

Angus

p.s. ill post the pictures later.

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2007/06/12 14:08

A school of bream versus a school of Gorries (with at least one teacher;) )....Sounds like a good time.

I've read a post elsewhere before with people arguing the toss over whether a jack is better than a moses. The debate wasn't settled - seems they both go hard on their day.

Cheers Kriso.

Yeah its one of those Olympus cameras.

Very good buy. The add is not false either. I dropped the camera into about 2 meters of salt water at Brunswick heads. Dived in, got it, no worries. So as a fishing camera i would certainly reccomend them.

Angus

Great pics Angus.

Hey Do$tylz i can totallly relate to you on that one. My girlfriend pretty much plans my entire weekend for me so i never have time for fishing and when i mention it she tells me theres a hundred better things to do :angry:

The only time i went fishing with my girlfriend is when we went to Noosa. The first night she caught 2 moses perch and 1 flatty and i caught nothing :angry: , the next night i showed her up by catching 3 nice bream :P

Dear Gordo & Do$tylz,

If you're thinking longterm with these girls their abominable attitude must be nipped in the bud and stopped immediately!

Otherwise you are risking a prolonged period of exploitation and henpecking.

I suggest firstly that you act cranky for as long as you can handle missing out. Then when asked why are you so cranky ? you can reply \"I need to go fishing\" or \"We need a day on the water to relieve my stress levels\". If this works the repeat as necessary until eventually the girls will look at you and say \"You/We need to go fishing\".

If this fails then a course of counselling now can save you a motza down the track.

If the counselling doesn't work.....well a change is as good as a holiday they say.

B)

Best wishes

Dear Elli

;) :whistle:

Hey guys,

My sister has been fishing since she was a kid like me. And Tanya comes from a fishing family. However meeting Leeann Payne has reallymade them more enthusiastic.

Tanya actually asked me if on our honeymoon at new brighton if we could fish about an hour or two each day so she can practice with lures. Ha, im epxecting some smart ass remarks about that but bring it. Im stoked. She also asked if we can go to the Gold Coast boting and fishing show in three weeks. Someone said to me she is just trying to be nice to me. As if thats a bad thing? :P

To answr to question, if you want to take your mrs fishing you must remember a couple of very important things. No matter what they do compliment them and say good work. If they mis cast, say \"yeah happens to me all the time\", if they catch a small fish photograph it like its still a big deal. You get the idea. To the young fellas, this is pretty much universal, not just for fishing. If she is happy, she is much easier to deal with :P

Angus

Archived