Give Away Voting Poll - Rod, Lures & Buckat List

Manni79

Vote The Winner Of Best Catch  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Vote The Winner Of Best Catch

• TheLazyBoy - 50+ cm Bass (Aged 16)
    • MrLamms - 41 cm Tailor (Aged 15)
    • FreedomHawk12 - 25 cm Bass - On behalf of Daniel
    • Cobiakid - 84cm Spangled Emperor (Aged 12)
    • Runty66 - 58cm Flathead (Aged 14)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry about my fish, you guys can remove it if you want since it is unfair.

i dont think that should be necassary!! as long as you take in grace for next season the bass season rule and learn something from the guys here about that.

good luck lazy!

Agreed I would not remove it.

These things happen in ignorance. Its the people that repeat the offense that are the bad ones. I probably came across a bit harsh when saying why this entry didnt get my vote. Sorry didnt mean to, was just explaining why it just missed out!

Angus

Hey guys, i love fishing and chat frequently with this kid around the corner, he told me of this site and this great competition, I joined the site because he told me how good it was and how much info you get from the others on board about a common interest, and yes I voted for him because he was so excited not about the comp, but about that fish he caught, and he wanted his fish to win, and as I know him and how he loves fishing i voted for him, is this a problem? his enthusiasm just got me to sign on to AFO to hopefully gain some of the knowledge he has gained from others.

the old fish wife

Hey guys, i love fishing and chat frequently with this kid around the corner, he told me of this site and this great competition, I joined the site because he told me how good it was and how much info you get from the others on board about a common interest, and yes I voted for him because he was so excited not about the comp, but about that fish he caught, and he wanted his fish to win, and as I know him and how he loves fishing i voted for him, is this a problem? his enthusiasm just got me to sign on to AFO to hopefully gain some of the knowledge he has gained from others.

the old fish wife

Welcome to the site - If all the people that joined on the 11 of August are genuine than there is not an issue. As it is a free site it does leave the opportunity for someone to create accounts just for voting. What sort of fishing do you do? I have been on the site for a over a year now and get a lot out of the forum and events.

the old fish wife

Welcome to the site, there are a lot of friendly genuine people on here with great advice !!! keep an eye out on the going fishing notice board :) look forward to seeing a fishing report with you and your friends :)

personaly i think the young fellas in the contest getting their mates to sighn up and vote is pretty smart and they will probably have a future in marketing :silly:

anyhow if its ok with Manni i would like to chuck in a few lures i had laying around in the fishing room for the other few in the top four.

2nd

post-1056-144598662022_thumb.jpg

3rd

post-1056-144598662029_thumb.jpg

4th

post-1056-144598662038_thumb.jpg

personaly i think the young fellas in the contest getting their mates to sighn up and vote is pretty smart and they will probably have a future in marketing :silly:

anyhow if its ok with Manni i would like to chuck in a few lures i had laying around in the fishing room for the other few in the top four.

2nd

[attachment=38340]IMG_4802.JPG[/attachment]

3rd

[attachment=38341]IMG_4806.JPG[/attachment]

4th

[attachment=38342]IMG_4807.JPG[/attachment]

That's very generous of you mate i'm sue the lads will be stoked :)

Voting closes in 20 minutes !!!!

I really only fish of the piers and rocks. i started when i just wanted some peace and quiet, loved sitting in the sun with the old hand line in the water, but there is something exciting about getting a nibble, and the challenge of snaring the fish at just the right moment.Yo could say , then i was hooked. The kid has a boat but I havent done much fishing in a boat, he talks to me about soft plastics, i still use worms, but you know they work too. But he has almsot convinced me to get the soft plastics,I hope to pickup a few pointers, he and a few of his mates are always informative and enthusiastic

dont know why you would want to cancel anything that raises the profile of Brisbane Fishing.... you put out a contest and you have to expect everyone and anyone intersted in their kids to vote No matter where they live!!, Fair???? hey you have probably just alerted 100% more fishermen or people interested in their kids or their kids friends to get involved in this small site, CONGRATULATIONS i say to Brisbane Fishing for a fantastic marketing coup....!!!

Voting now closed !!!!

WOW only 1 vote separated 1st and second !!!!! 33 & 32 votes

Congratulations RUNTY66 you are the winner, well done, you must be very stoked !!!

I will be in touch with you shortly to arrange your prize

To Cobiakid, it was an awesome fish and should be proud of your entry and coming second!!!!

Thanks to all the other entries as well :)

and thank you for making me feel so welcome!!, yes it is a great night to join, especially if you love your fishing , a huge coup for BRISBANE FISHING to get so many members joining in one day...' keep up the great work, as this stuff only raises your profile and that just generates the marketing $$$$$$, cheers.

As mentioned before welcome :)

I'm just a member of the site who decided to give some gear away that I don't need. AFO allowed me to create a mini comp so i could get some of the younger guys out there for a fish and have fun, it worked :)

plenty of good people here mate, you'll love the site

THANK YOU SOO MUCH MANNI AND EVERYONE THAT VOTED FOR ME!!!... not gonna be able to sleep tonight thats for sure.. thanks to cobiakid for a great comp!

cheers James

You're welcome mate, if your local to brissy area I will drop the gear off to you, so PM me and we can work something out :)

thanks all for the healthy feedback and banter, its all good, and congrats to runty who is obviously thrilled with his win, i agree with manni, and haines,its not about marketing$$, but it is about sharing and enjoying and encouraging kids to enjoy their fishing!!, sure i am new, due to my cousin, but i assure you, that even in geelong(port town) there are pelnty of fish to catch and stories to share. thanks.

Finishing place getter

Lazboy 3rd

Freedomhawk 4th (Daniel aged 7)

MrLamms 5th

Cheers

Manni

If these three can pm me their details i will post the packs out to them.

Cheers

Tristan

Awesome mate !! thank you

No problems mate i am glad to pitch in some goodies to get the young fellas started.

Archived