Give Away Voting Poll - Rod, Lures & Buckat List

Manni79

Vote The Winner Of Best Catch  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Vote The Winner Of Best Catch

• TheLazyBoy - 50+ cm Bass (Aged 16)
    • MrLamms - 41 cm Tailor (Aged 15)
    • FreedomHawk12 - 25 cm Bass - On behalf of Daniel
    • Cobiakid - 84cm Spangled Emperor (Aged 12)
    • Runty66 - 58cm Flathead (Aged 14)

Hey everyone, well the comp has finished and we ended up with 5 valid entries :)

TheLazyBoy - 50+ cm Bass (Aged 16)

MrLamms - 41 cm Tailor (Aged 15)

FreedomHawk12 - 25 cm Bass - On behalf of Daniel (Aged 7)

Cobiakid - 84cm Spangled Emperor (Aged 12)

Runty66 - 58cm Flathead (Aged 14)

There were a couple more entries but unfortunately the pic was of the fish only and did not have the angler as specified in the rules....

A special mention also goes to Ellicat & Jords for their entries - seems they can't win a comp with the grown ups so they had a crack at this one :P:P hehehehehe

I didn't want to choose the winner myself so I would like for AFO members to vote via the poll and the person with the most votes by midnight tomorrow night (Thursday) wins !!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

The prize list:

1 x Austackle Camo Stick 1-3kg One Piece Rod (Used once in “Fresh Waterâ€)

3 x ScumVibe - Metal Blades - New

1 x Berkley “Frenzy†Hard Body Lure - New

3 x 88mm Mojiko Bubble Pop surface lures - used a couple times, like new !

1 x Damiki “Lexury Minnowâ€

1 x Pontoon21“Greedy Guts 66SP SR†hard body lure - Used a couple times

1 x Austackle “Sakana SD40†hard body lure - New

1 x Damiki “Napjaru†Vibe - Used once

2 x Berkley “Fenzy†Vibes - New out of packet

1 x BucKat List Fishing Charter spot!!!!!

post-8859-14459866186_thumb.jpg

I have also listed each person's comments as to why they should win !!!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

TheLazyBoy - 50+ cm Bass

Date: 6/08/11

Reason: I have never been in the bay let alone on a charter thats the main reason for me entering this comp.

Hey guy just got back from a fish at karalee and got my first bass. 50+ cm. I didnt think that bass when that far into the saltish water. I luring for agers with small lures and had enough so i thought i will have some fun throw my bigest lure ( 130mm barra lure) around. hooke up and pulled it in. I hope every bass will be like that.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

MrLamms - 41 cm Tailor (Aged 15)

Date: 4/08/11

fished the brisbane river last saturday and lost $80 worth of lures to tailor but i was determined to cath one an i did. this one went 41 cm

________________________________________________________________________________________________

FreedomHawk12 - 25 cm Bass - On behalf of Daniel

Start Date: saturday 6th august

Fish: first ever fish and it is a bass 25cm

Condition: nice sunny day at north pine dam

im entering this on behalf of my nephew daniel, unfortunately he is the only boy in a family of 4 girls and doesnt get to go out much, but now they are a little closer to us i plan on spending more time with him, he loves fishing and hangin with me when i go out,so i decided ill buy him his first new rod and kit tackle box, so with full excitement we were off fishing for the day, whilst i pulled in a few catfish myself, it seemed like danny was going to have to take my rod with a hook up, as impatience kicked in haha, then bang! a yell and a scream and some jumping around in he pulled his first ever fish bass ( 25cm ). there was no looking back from there with 15 all up for the day,(3 bass, 2 talapia,10 catfish) lets say he slept well last night and wanted out again today!

Cobiakid - 84cm Spangled Emperor

Age 12

Date 6.8.11

Fish my PB spangeled emporor at 84cm

Caught on a pilchard off boat rock

Why i would like to win this is i have only 2 lures in my tacklebox and would like use those poppers when dad takes me up nth to bowen later this year on the big fish there and also i am really keen to go out in that big boat Bucket list as dad said it was very comfy when he went out in it

Runty66 - 58cm Flathead

Date:7th August 2011

Why i want to win:

I want to win because, ive never caught a fish on a harbody before and really want too!! this would be a great start! also, going out fishing on Bucket List would be amazing... i dream come true haha..

im also looking for a 1-3kg rod.. ive saved 70 bucks so far.. so if i win it can go stright into a reel..

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well i believe runty should spend his 70 bucks on flares ;);)

good luck all.. still think this is the greatest encouragement for young fishers i have seen....

he should,, instead he just makes me give him mine :ohmy:

:lol::lol: cheaper option lol if he wins he will have to buy his own with the money saved for a rod :silly: :lol::lol:

Is it only me who finds it strange that the last five people on the voting list have only joined afo today?

Lets keep it sporting guys....

the last 3 within half an hour of each other, and they've not put a great deal of honest info in their profile... :angry:

And a at least a couple of them live in the same suburb ;) Which happens to be very close to one of the contenders :whistle:

I reckon those votes should be struck from the record as it seems it is not in the spirit of the competition, my thoughts anyway. Also that katefish is obviously a long time member having competed in the 2008 brc but joining the site today and living in Brazil?

"It is a Bass closed season and not closed waters.

If it was an accidental capture and released unharmed it is totally a legal capture"

. Must be released immediately . Taking photos and measuring is NOT immediate. ( Ruling from DEEDI )

Cheers

Ray

Ok agree but if the young fella didn't understand the legality at the time then it's a mistake. Non the less it's no harm letting him enter as the AFO public will vote and make the right choice :)

Is it only me who finds it strange that the last five people on the voting list have only joined afo today?

Lets keep it sporting guys....

the last 3 within half an hour of each other, and they've not put a great deal of honest info in their profile... :angry:

OK, OK this is not cool !!!! if you have joined after the poll started then the votes should no count !!!

Not sure how me manage this !!!

This was about inspiring kids to go out have a fish a be rewarded for having a go !!! If it's found someone is doing silly buggers, not very cool at all !!!!!!!

im confused as to who has joined and who hasnt, im not particulry fussed if danny wins or not, was good to take him out and im sure everytime i go to the tackle shop ill end up buying him new gear, but thought it would be good to put his picture up so he can see it online! and i have no intention on him joining this site by himself at this point as his only 7 and i dont think he should be on forums until he can understand the dangers that can be potentially online.

good luck to the other boys but i hope it goes to a good cause..

let me know when the next one is running and ill throw in some gear to. this is a great way to get the kids out their and learning the right way of the sport! :cheer:

Archived