F/S - Excess gear. Help me buy more :)

Do$tylz

Hi all,

This is officially the "Help Do$tylz get a Daiwa Saltiga Dogfight or Stella 10000SW" thread :)

So I'm trying to sell off some of my gear that I don't use anymore and I need someone to help me decide on either a Dogfight or Stella 10000. So this thread is going to serve a dual purpose... sell my old stuff... buy some new stuff :)

I don't know if I'm breaking site rules but I don't want to be starting 2 threads when really it could just be covered in 1.

So here we go.. these are the rods I was able to quickly grab off the top of my fish tank that haven't been used in over 6 months. There's surely more to come.. and maybe I might end up parting with more stuff than I originally planned.

First up are the below rods from top to bottom.

Lox Yoshi LS7623 (I've got 3 more of these I think but 1 for sale for now) - 1-3kg, 7"6 rod. Very sensitive, awesome rod that I've caught some cracker fish on. Comes with soft cover and hard case Price - $160 pick up SOLD to Sehrghut

Lox Yoshi SP7225 - 2-5kg, 7"2. Awesome for poppers. Stiffer tip than below rod. Great for bream in the racks, challenging snapper fishing, flatties and bass. Comes with soft cover and hard case Price - $160 140 pick up

Lox Yoshi SP7925 - 2-5kg, 7"9. Longer than your usual rod and great for those longer casts with top water walkers. Comes with bag and hard case Price - $160 $140 pick up

Strudwick Sic-Stick - 1-3kg, 6"6. Fantastic rod for those wanting to start with finesse fishing. I actually quite like this rod. Very forgiving if a fish goes ballistic. I think I have the bag for this. Price - $70 $60 pick up

Shimano Raider Bream Finesse (original version) - 1-3kg, 7"2. Used to be my favourite rod, until I got the Lox's. Have had the tip guide replaced. The guide fell off, not the tip snapped off. I think I have the bag for this. Price - $70 $60 pick up

post-873-144598663706_thumb.jpg

post-873-144598663715_thumb.jpg

All rods are in great condition, just discoloured cork. I'm very very strict with looking after my gear. They've all been in the shower with me after a session to get washed off (I don't know if that is helping this cause atm?? :D:P ) No rust that I've seen. Just a bit of dust.

Anyway.. a few more rods and bits and pieces to come once I sort them out.

Now... who can help me with the Dogfight vs Stella 10000 argument? Heading off Port Douglas for 4 nights popping, jigging... essentially fishing for big fish. I want the Dogfight for the collectors item appeal (now that they've stopped making them) and they're ballsy and look PIMP. The stella seems like the better choice though for its durability and ability to chuck a 20000 spool on it for more capacity.

Help :)

hahaha...

Sunnydays - I can hold it for you if you like mate :)

51mple and jords - we'll see if I sell some reels. They won't be the good stuff though... it'll be the stuff like the Sol, maybe the ci4... we'll see how far short I fall of money I need.

keen-as - PM replied.

surfingat - yeah I know... dogfight just sounds cool and will become collectors sometime..

Funfisher - I was reading that the 20000 gear ratio is something like 4:1, compared to the 10000 which is 6.1:1 or something like that... so the 10000 will be better for popping and with the 20000 spool on it, it'll serve purpose for jigging...

I could be keen on the Lox with the short butt, how short is the butt on it?

Stella imo, its what everyone uses for a good reason, dogfights have their place but i dont think they will be hard to find for a while yet.

and if you are selling a 2000-2500 sized sol... i could be keen also.

ok guys this has turned into "help Henry pay for his stella 10000sw that he just bought" thread.

I'm now considering selling my

- stradic c14 1000 - used maybe 5 or 10 times, spooled with 4lb fireline (line is a little fuzzy) On hold for Jords, 2nd shotgun for 51imple

- TD sol 2000 with zpi handle and 6lb Frog PE braid - reel is used but in good condition, line has been used on 2 trips at bulimba. to be viewed by sehrghut

Jeremy.. I'll measure that length eventually when I remember to when I get home mate. sorry.

Raider is on hold for Doss atm.

ummm.... $180?? its seriously so close to brand new...

Did you get my pm? sorry was at the boat show, spending MORE money on fishing gear :dry:

Jords You keep telling us your poor with No money :dry:

Well thats what you tell us, but we know you have a stash of $$$$$$ B)

Hope you enjoyed the show bro ;)

Cheers

Darren

Did you get my pm? sorry was at the boat show, spending MORE money on fishing gear :dry:

Jords You keep telling us your poor with No money :dry:

Well thats what you tell us, but we know you have a stash of $$$$$$ B)

Hope you enjoyed the show bro ;)

Cheers

Darren

Nah mate, I'm am poor - because I spend any money I have as soon as I get it :lol:

Ha, i was at the boat show tonight as well, how was it for you?

Yeah mate not too bad, wasn't overly impressed with the gear for sale, but ended up picking up some cheap blades (6 for $20). Really quite enjoyed the presentations though, I saw pretty much every one from the 4.15 kayaking northern rivers until halfway through the last. I was keeping an eye out for you in your fluro churchie boy outfit but must have missed you. You enjoy it? Pick up any goodies?

Yeah mate not too bad, wasn't overly impressed with the gear for sale, but ended up picking up some cheap blades (6 for $20). Really quite enjoyed the presentations though, I saw pretty much every one from the 4.15 kayaking northern rivers until halfway through the last. I was keeping an eye out for you in your fluro churchie boy outfit but must have missed you. You enjoy it? Pick up any goodies?

haha shame, i loved it!!! haha i got changed and i wearing hot pink shorts, super man jumper, and my lucky pink and green + more beanie. hahaha

Did you see the dropshots? 50 bucks each!! soo cheap!

haha shame, i loved it!!! haha i got changed and i wearing hot pink shorts, super man jumper, and my lucky pink and green + more beanie. hahaha

Did you see the dropshots? 50 bucks each!! soo cheap!

That's what I meant hahahah. you get one? Used to have one until I gave it the car door treatment :whistle: :dry:

Archived