Tanya \"Pikes\" at Manly.

Angus

Well today we set out again in the quest to get Tanya a fish on soft plastic. I went through my head all the places i had had newby luck with plastics, and Manl came to mind.

The first time i had visited Manly was only my second soft plastic session and i managed 7 pike and a moses perch. Well pike are a bit average, but for a newby i was very entertained.

So off to Manly we went armed witg Berkley powerbaits and high hopes. The first half hour was average with one pike for me and nothing elese. we did however see some chunky, and i mean chunky GT's in the water. I think i would have been stuffed even if i had hooked up as they stuck very close to the structure.

After about 30mins i realised te leader i had put on without looking was actually 10lb regular mono. Let this be a lesson to those who doubt the power of good quality leaders. As soon as i changed them over i scored a 23cm bream. Then another right away. With 2 bream and a pike in the bag i was beginning to hope Tanya would hook up. Wishful thinking can prove fruitful. Not 2 minutes later and Tanya had bagged a big fat pike. First fish for the day and first ever on SP. Noice.

Over the rest of the session i bagged another pike and got busted off by something on the bottom. No idea what. Tanya stuck to her score of one, but she was stoked and looking forward to giving Manly another bash.

Total:

Angus: 2 bream, 8 pike.

Tanya: 1 pike.

All around a good day.

Angus

P.S. Left my cable at work, will pos pictures tommorrow.

Mate i was fishing i in the middle of the harbour on the platform near the restaurant. Casting out among the boat hulls is a sure way to get some pike. Every time i have been there lots are caught. When i was targeting them spefically for fun i would get a fish or a hit every cast. And today the pike were good with none under 35cm.

Angus

Archived