its raining its poring

faulked

Caught some of my best fish in the rain and rough conditions, But to each there own, the fish are already wet aernt they, its up to us if we feel like getting wet and making the extra effort, When the wind is blowong and stirring up the bottom i find it is like a ready made berley trail in some areas and the fish are already on the chew.

A keen angler decides he's going fishing so at 4 am he climbs outta bed makes his themous get's all his gear loaded into his boat ready to go fishin when he opens the garage door he is greated by howlin wind and rain so he decides on a change of plan and unpacks all he's gear sneaks back into the bedroom strips off and climbs back into bed snuggling up to his misses he says you would not believe how bad the weather is out there to which she replies and to think my Dumb ass husband is fishing in it :pinch:

Gaz

mmm for sharking in the upper Brisbane River, my experiance is if a heavy downpour follows a stretch of fine weather, the sharks go completely off the chew.

I think this makes sense too in that bullies can only adapt to a particular salinity in the upper reaches gradually. After fine weather the upper reaches get reasonably salty and if it suddenly pours, its freshens up very fast. I figure the sharks head straight down the river to more salty water, if that makes sense...

Anyways its just an observation of mine and probs wrong:silly:

Archived