Real or Photoshop

elops

i just received it as well in an email from a guide up at mondy. i dont thinks it a nile perch as tinnies are not common in africa (especially carpetted ones). imo a fish that size would have done the rounds when it was caught (newspapers tv etc like the world record mondy fish) and if i caught it, there would be better pics going round the net.

so to answer your question...... leaning towards real but i am sleep deprived so who knows

Firstly I think a fish that big would go well over 100KG and why is there no other photos of the fish lying on the deck and as someone self said why hasn't this been all over the media outlets and all over the net I'm about 99% sure it been photo shopped and very badly

Also most of the XL fish in monduran went over the wall during the floods with the 3.2 metre's of water all reports out of there is the biggest fish caught have only been in the mid 80cm range

[attachment=41599]barrabarra.jpg[/attachment]

Here is another photo of the best, i am pretty sure it is a barra. if you look closely at the pic you will see the saddle marks on the side of the fish too :)

Not even the same dimensions in relation to the angler...

Henry, I'll put your reckoning that it's real down to the fact that you went to the pub for lunch and forgot to eat anything. :whistle:

I'm going with....... I can't decide :lol: It sure looks real and it would be great to think there are fish that size getting around the dams. I think I'll lean towards real on this one but am sceptical as to where all the hoopla is. This is surely a record barra and to not have read about it anywhere does make you wonder.

Archived