Have you seen a GHOST while fishing?

cookie_7

No but saw a rogue wave that was pretty eerie.

We were heading offshore past the north end of Moreton early one morning.

Completely glassed out no swell coming through whatsoever when a very sizeable swell came through. And ended breaking a few hundred metres back where we were seconds ago.

Seen all sorts of weird things over the years, got a bit of a fright fishing the North Pine River one dark night. I put my back pack down on the bank, hooked a bass and turned around to get my pliers out of my pack.....my pack quickly ran off into the bush, freaked the hell out of me until I realised I had reached for a bush turkey that was standing behind me.

Kind of fright that makes your face feel like plastic and your eyeballs shake in your head.

Naa, but found the next best thing while trolling off South Head in Sydney once.

Found a girl that had jumped off the Gap or been chucked off dead at the bottom of the cliff.

thats pretty scary to find something like that. i know i wouldnt want to be pulling up something like that! :sick:

was walking out to the rocks at fingal point (NSW border) at about midnight for a fish, & out of nowhere from the darkness a guy came out of the rocks, with no fishing gear or anything, we though he was a ghost for a second. was pretty suspicious though..

Yes! Has anyone herd of any large wild pigs/boars around NPD & surrounding lakes at night? These things are huge! & there grunts are so deep you can hear there flem & spit sound in there load grunts loud enough to scare a grown man!!!

When I was a kid, I used to have a lot of holidays at Amity Point with rellies who lived there. We often had a fire on the beach at night. One night we were sitting around the fire when this monster appeared from the water - glowing blue and green and coming straight for us! We were crapping ourselves until it got right up close and it turned out to be a really hairy guy who had capsized his boat in the rainbow channel and as he swam to shore his hairyness picked up stacks of phosphoresent algae :P:P

Lols some of those are pretty funny except for the corpse one that certainly would send a chill

I remember years ago we were fishing a channel and then we saw some eyes from a distance and a loud snort and water shooting up. Both of us took off a hundred miles an hour (Loch ness monster?), got up on a bridge and noted it was a porpoise, which was a relief

was walking out to the rocks at fingal point (NSW border) at about midnight for a fish, & out of nowhere from the darkness a guy came out of the rocks, with no fishing gear or anything, we though he was a ghost for a second. was pretty suspicious though..

i had exactly same experience at that same spot all of a sudden a person was standing directly behind me with no gear :ohmy:

very very dodgey lad he was! :whistle:

i had exactly same experience at that same spot all of a sudden a person was standing directly behind me with no gear :ohmy:

Yes! Has anyone herd of any large wild pigs/boars around NPD & surrounding lakes at night? These things are huge! & there grunts are so deep you can hear there flem & spit sound in there load grunts loud enough to scare a grown man!!!

i hit one one day whilst checking my shrimp pots at the npd, didnt hurt the pig, and its babies run straight under my car.

a bull shark bit me balls once :whistle: i went white as a ghost :lol::lol: but neva seen a ghost while fishing.

tip 101-never try to tea bag a bull shark :lol:

:ohmy: :pinch: :lol::lol::lol:

Is there anything mick can't do :whistle: :silly:

I've never seen a ghost whilst fishing but I have on AFO: http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/38-general-chat/314812-what-is-this-form-of-witch-craft :whistle:

used to fish the old barneys point bridge on the tweed very late at night for jacks. Sometimes saw a woman cross the bridge but then dissapear. It got really scary at times that we used to refuse to stay alone there when it was 'pie run' time to the local servo. There was definately a presence there cos we both saw and felt it. It was definately haunted.

Was fishing boggy creek at pinkenba a few years ago and at about 3am i looked up the long grass path we walked down and we saw someone standing there,or the silhouette of someone,we watched them for ages and then they started walking towards us.they just walked casually like they were in there own yard but in pitch black,so we picked up the knives we had and walked towards the person to let them know that we were fishing there and to see what there business was there and the person literally disappeared into the grass,it was dead silent and there was no way a person couldve gotten away that quick without us knowing about it,we searched for ages and no sign.I did talk to a random bloke once down there and he swore someone he knew dumped a body in there back in the early 90's,and there was all police tape back in 2006 right down in the shrubbery wrapped around a few trees. Maybe bull but it was something to think about

this is not a ghost thing but it freeked the poop out of me, my mate dwayne and i had just tail roped a 3.3m bull shark up next to the boat. it was calm it wasnt thrashing at all and the next thing this big shaddow appeared and it went balistic and started tail walking next to the boat and it wanted out.

i thort to my self if a 3.3m bullie is scared and wanting out, what sorta size shark was down deeper.

another thing creepy, dwayne and i were snapper fishing out in the northern part of the bay and a red rose floated past and dwayne bent over the side of the boat and picked it up and said their some wierd things you see sometime, their are no boats that we can see where did it come from. he just tossed it back into the water and kepted fishin. next thing wdwayne knew was he was snaged of the 50lb gear and as he lent back on his fishing rod, the line broke and the rod came back a smacked him fair in the face opening him up on the right eyebrow.when we got home dwayne got some bad news that his gran passed away while he was out fishing. long story short, later that week, he was telling his mum about the rose and she asked what time was it the rose floated past. dwayne replied around 9.00 somewhere, his mum said, thats around the time gran passed. red roses were her favourite flower and when you just threw it back it was her spirit getting upset and hence why you coped a rod ( slap ) in the face.

this is from the Courier Mail October 08, 2009,

Deep Water Bend, Wyampa Rd, Bald Hills: The popular fishing spot is said to be haunted by a murdered woman whose body was dumped there. There are reports of people experiencing an inexplicable feeling of dread, fear and intense cold - despite warm weather - when visiting at night. :huh:

/>http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/weird/ghost-stories-from-brisbane/story-e6frep26-1225784427216

Creepy stuff!!!!! And Im seeing paranormal activity tonight... hmmm. Wont be fishing at night for a while lol.

Not a ghost story, but it always freaks the hell out of me when kayaking in shallow water and a Ray shoots out from right underneath me! I have seen some up to 1.5 meters at the wings and it makes a hell of a splash in foot deep water I tell you!!! And the other day I was paddling off cleveland point and a large green turtle surfaced then shot off right next to me, causing me to shout profanities and almost capsize myself lol.

Oh, and thought that in weipa it would be a good idea to go waste deep off a boat ramp to cast net.... where a 4mtr croc apparently lives. Never again!

Holly.... it looks like a haunted spot! haha.... As i wrote on the other post, I definitely saw a pair of legs with a black and red shorts moving in the small jetty in shorncliffe, I was about to say hello to that guys, it turned out that no one was there..... Didnt care at that time, kept fishing, there were couple of great runs but didnt pull out a thing. At normal time, definitely will pull up a fish. And I thought i heard someone was talking in distance....

this is not a ghost thing but it freeked the poop out of me, my mate dwayne and i had just tail roped a 3.3m bull shark up next to the boat. it was calm it wasnt thrashing at all and the next thing this big shaddow appeared and it went balistic and started tail walking next to the boat and it wanted out.

i thort to my self if a 3.3m bullie is scared and wanting out, what sorta size shark was down deeper.

another thing creepy, dwayne and i were snapper fishing out in the northern part of the bay and a red rose floated past and dwayne bent over the side of the boat and picked it up and said their some wierd things you see sometime, their are no boats that we can see where did it come from. he just tossed it back into the water and kepted fishin. next thing wdwayne knew was he was snaged of the 50lb gear and as he lent back on his fishing rod, the line broke and the rod came back a smacked him fair in the face opening him up on the right eyebrow.when we got home dwayne got some bad news that his gran passed away while he was out fishing. long story short, later that week, he was telling his mum about the rose and she asked what time was it the rose floated past. dwayne replied around 9.00 somewhere, his mum said, thats around the time gran passed. red roses were her favourite flower and when you just threw it back it was her spirit getting upset and hence why you coped a rod ( slap ) in the face.

Oh man, I will never pick up a rose in the sea then....

Archived