Bli Bli Barra Farm

jimbell

Webbfunk & I and a few friends headed up to the farm for a day out and to try and catch our first barras (even though in a farm still exciting).

Arrived around 9.30 and got straight into it. Was quiet for the first hour this i got a hit on my rod with the pellets. Stupid me not know had the drag too tight and within 4 secs snap fish was gone and so was the hook :( Anyway atleast we all had some confidence that they were bitting even though it was cold and winter just aint there thing. Was so quiet for the next 2 hours and i was sulking thinking that would be my only opportunity of the day. Then things started to happen for 20 minutes they were on the bite and we got 2 hook upas and 2 bust offs in that 20 minutes ( coinsided with the sun hitting the water ) Then with our group one was caught ever 1/2 hour until about 4.30pm... My tally still 0 and more sulking :P

After 4.30 things got heaps better and for the last 1 1/2 hours about 7 were caught and a decent size bream in the barra pond.

I will post some pics. No luck with any lures or sp's, even though the owner encouraged us to keep trying all were caught on pellets.

End up tally between 5 was 9 Barra and 1 bream.

If anyone here is interested the barra farm in summer do fish until midnight and overnight fish options normally once they have restocked their ponds.

Give them a call its \"Aussie Fishing Park\" at bli bli. Give them your e-mail address and they will send you an e-mail when they have these events on.

Well done mate.

And you gear looks nice and lite that would have been loads of fun!

Im 100% going to get up there in the summer. Im yet to bag a bara myself, and although i would have liked to get one at Lenthalls, beggers cant be choosers!!

Angus

I went there last week, didnt manage any barra so well done. The whole days fishing from 9-6 costs $25 and includes a container of pellets. It was a very quiet day and for the most part I was the only person there, ended up fishing with the guys who work there and they got 2 barra between them on pellets. I spent the most time in the big boys pond where I was sight casting at 80+cm barra but they were just not interested in any lures I could throw at them. At one stage I found a big barra sitting on the bottom about 1m from the bank and tried slow rolling g-vibes and various suspending lures past him to no avail. It was noticable how slow and sluggish the barra were. At about 4:30 they fired up a little bit and the barra could be seen sitting under the floating pellets for a few seconds before they smashed the surface.

-nelson-

For myself and the GF it was $50.00 + 1.00 for the hooks. Cheaper because it is offseason, that is for the whole day and to be able to take the row boat out into the mixed species pond. Apparantly there is a 23kg barra in the mixed pond. Would be fun :P

I do think we were on the lucky side to have caught what we did, there were others there during the day who didn't land a thing.

Still all in all i think it was pretty well priced for a day out.

Although a word of warning, if your kids arn't old enough to fish i wouldn't take them there. No swings etc etc. Ended up that the GF took the little one to see a movie instead of throwing rocks in the ponds lol caught the stares of others :S but justified.

Archived