Lenthalls 16th to 24Feb 08 any interest.????

rayke1938

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlucky Brian D.

I'm not convinced you're not making this story up to get out of it though. I think you're running scared of participating in the Twisted Sister concert:laugh:

For the sake of efficiency, maybe the whole payroll function could be subcontracted out for the period of her sick leave. You probably know there are plenty of big commercial ones that do it. I may be able to help out with someone I know..(would have to gauge her interest though).

Let me know..:)

Here's the problem Ellicat - Our GL does not interface with any other programs. It is Pulse Club's Computers. This is software speciffically designed for clubs and non profit organisations. Very tight and no flexable. Anyone who does payroll will have to know Pulse. I will have to spend several weeks training as not many people know this software and it is not operated with normal thought patterns.

Feral - Yeap I will be sorting out a couple of 3-4 day stints if I have too but I'm just letting you now that the crap might hit the fan. You to Kev - anything could happen from no go to full go. Who friggin knows in my world.

Bit of a bummer Brian, - but maybe a bit of a heads up - got any other key positions where all the knowledge / skill is held by one -?

Might be time to put together a submission for some "workforce planning" to those with "short arms and deep pockets"? Certainly a good example to use!

No Feral - I don't operate like that - it's just that I am the back up for payroll! It's not the sort of possy I allow anyone into.

But back to fishing - if I don't get my holiday I will be absolutly spewing. They will be buying me many lures and new fishing weapons just to try and apprasise my anger.:woohoo:

• 2 weeks later...

woohoo less than a fortnight now!

For those going remember you need a current SIP, mine expires in 3 days, so time to put my hand in my pocket!

Ferg and I will probably travel up Sunday, (missus has something on on saturday) first fish monday, unless we get real keen and leave really early!

Just going over the thread is this list correct so far? I will look at trying to finalise over the weekend. If your name is not there please advise.Also of it shouldnt be there also please advise.

Definates

Ray, Feral. Ferg.Jake.Graham.

Pencilled

Terry,Kevin,Angus,Aaron.Jimmybob.Rocket. Brian?

I think that Angus and Aaron and Jimmybob and Rocket will only stay for a couple of days.

Ray

Best of luck boys, I spent Aust Day w/end up there. I only managed one bass in two short sessions, but I spent a lot of time throwing a slick rig in the hope of a barra. The dam has risen a lot and there is a lot of fishy areas but the water was still a bit dirty. Hopefully it has cleared up a bit by the time you get there. I will be looking for your report as the boys from AKFF have a trip up there on the 7,8,9 March that we are all looking forward to.

I am going to Esk for the weekend so thought would put this up early.

Definate

Ray, Feral. Ferg..Graham.

Pencilled

,Aaron..Rocket. Brian?

I think that and Aaron and and Rocket will only stay for a couple of days.

Who are bringing boats.

Feral and Ferg in silver bullet.

Ray and Graham in grahams allycraft 3.9.

If anyone needs a boat they can have a loan of my dam boat i have a 4hp 4 stroke yammy I can but on back and leave the bow mount leccy on it.but you will have to tow it up there yourself.

If anyone is only coming up for a couple of days could you please advise which days if possible.

I just want to organise a few frozen meals and other tucker to take up. I will be cooking up some chicken pudensca , making chicken schnitzel, beef sausages etc. Hopefully we will also be eating a bit of fresh bass/barra.

Cheers

Ray

Well looks like plan b is going to apply. The range has just put up a post on Sweetwater that dam has been closed by Wide Bay water. Last report I heard was that dam was at 147% capacity and was a couple of metres deep over the spillway.

We will either be fishing Hervey Bay well away from the river to escape the fresh or driving 130ks to Monduran. Monduran has come up around 2m and is supposed to be fishing well in front of the dam wall.

We will be meeting up with a couple of the locals Saturday night and will be guided by what they say.

Cheers

Ray

Feral wrote:

The only thing that worries me is if they close the dam due to low water levels and if they get no rain, but we wont know if that affects us until after the wet season (December January) We can always fish the Burrum!

I say book it.

early post when we were deciding whether to book it or not early last year -

Geez talk about getting it wrong! :blush:

Well be going regardless of water levels, we will find somewhere to wet a line, even if its in the bath tub!

Water over spillway has fallen .5 m over last 24 hours so if no more rain should reopen soon. Rang the 1800 number in WBW website re closure and got young girl who was very pleasant but that was all.

Said that dam would reopen when it was safe for the public to enter.

She didnt know why it was closed apart from it must have been dangerous but could say why.

Asked her if the situation would be monitored over the weekend and if the website would be updated and she doesnt know.

Talk about yes minister.

Cheers

Ray

I'm thinking of you guys, I pulled out with work stuff busting my gonads and I'm sort of happy about it. The low is deepening and heading your way. Bunker down guys.

Ray and Graham will be ok between Ray's home brew kegs and Grahams home made rum and scotch but I am worried about Feral running out of Pepsi Maxi and Ferg running out of smokes.

You guys will be able to fish out of the front window tomorrow.

(Kev - I'll square it up with you when I get my work life back in order). ;)

Archived