Bribie Ocean side 13-07-07

pcsolutionman

decided to hit bribie again yesterday (friday) with Nodds, He picked me up at my place at 6:30 and we arrived at 8th ave to a beautiful morning, although the swell was up a bit and there was almost a meter surf. We unpacked the car and trolleyed the yaks down to the water. Nodds was the first to attempt the launch as I waited for a good break. He got hit by a wave before he managed to get onto his yak and was soaked he jumped on and got out through the next wave. I then spotted a nice break and jumped on and paddled out through the break staying almost completely dry

We headed straight for our spot where there were a couple of boats anchored up on the eastern side of the beacon, you beauty I thought I wanted to fish the western side anyhow. got out there paddled past the beacon and set up a drift. and noticed a boat with AFO Stickers on it I introduced myself and met MasterSardines who was yet to boat a fish.

I had a 4\" gulp in pearl on my lighter 6lb outfit with a lighter 1/12th head and a 5\" nuclear chicken on my heavier outfit with a 1/6th head. about 20M into the drift I was on, on both rods and they seemed like good fish but unfortunately I dropped both fish . but what a great start. a few drift later and I was onto another double hookup got one in handed the rod to nodds and started fighting the second fish at which point he spat the hooks. the fish was undersized and was sent on his way. Mastersardines then hooked up onto a nice fish

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/76bm0036_web.jpg

post-1283-144598420963_thumb.jpg

At this point nodds hooked up to what looked to be a monster of a fish and was peeling drag at will on the 20lb braid he had on. after a few minutes he got a snapper along side the boat that looked to be in the mid 60cm range and then it spat the hook. as you can imagine he was not a happy boy and let all of moreton bay know about it lol

I then had yet another double hookup which resulted in one bite off and a nice squire on the 6lb that went 44cm and pulled real hard

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/76c00042_web.jpg

post-1283-144598420975_thumb.jpg

he was absolutely stoked but was still going on about the one that got away

I then chipped in with the next fish that was a bit of a lucky catch as he got me on the reef and really worked my leader over but at 47cm was a real solid fish

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/76c00045_web.jpg

post-1283-14459842098_thumb.jpg

The wind was starting to blow a bit so we thought we would head in and have an explore of ningi creek which was good fun.

Unfortunatley mastersardines left before the action really hotted up, he left after my second keeper. great to meet you though man

Total for the day

I got 5 keepers 36cm,41cm,44cm,47cm,56.5cm

nodds got one at 44cm

Man I am loving these squire/snapper and hope they hang around a little longer

Lee

yeh if the weather looks ok ill be there, yes the fishing has been going off there but apart from mastersardines fish I have seen next to nothing of any size caught by the boaters, but us yakkers have been cleaning up alright. some of the fish have been taken from right under there boats after they have moved in on our action.

feel free to come along its a great day. use the light gear too its a blast

Leee

Archived