Harry A Reef again 20 or 21 July

Brian D

Hi there fellow fishers,

Aaron and I are going to hit Harry A Reef again next weekend. Any of you boaties want to join us? Power in numbers!

Thinking about leaving Wello Point pre dawn to be settled on the reef before teh action starts.

BTW Aaron and I motored over a large school of fish on the southern edge of the reef last weekend. I suspect them to be a school of chopper tailor.

Well Angus I might just pop over and say good'a

Ellicat aer you saying we are going to get another floggin - great :pinch: :sick: Hope you are wrong.

If worst comes to worst I'll hid out amungst Couchie, Lamb, Macleay etc. pleanty of flatties around there this time of year:)

I tried mud last week and came up empty only 1 under sized squire.As I had heard the same reports as you Angus I was very excited about locking into battle with a large knobby but unfortunately nothing but grinners and whiptails.Brian I would be keen to go out to Harrys with you but this weekend is out for me maybe next time? I have never been to Harrys before so I would like to follow someone experianced like yourself,will you post your next trip like this?

Cheers Brendo - no worries - but I'm not sure if I would call myself experienced with Harry A - only been there twice. I have always motored straight past because there are normaly a millon boats on it. But if we all go together we could tie off with each other and scare the crowds off!:woohoo: :evil:

That's one way to lift the site profile - 1000 AFO boats on the reef.

And before everyone jumps on me - it's no worse then being on charter with 24 fishers.:S

Sayings from the duke Jeff:laugh: I love it, As my old man always says back when men were men. Where have all the hollywood tough guys gone?

After the crowds on Saturday Brian I reckon we do need reinforcements and that was a supposed quiet day for the reef:blink:

Problem number 1... my girlfriends parents are coming to meet my parents for the first time is this the end.... is there nothing left in life, it is all down hill from here :(

BUT... ill be there with bells on Brian. IF the weather calms down, seabreeze says terrible terrible things this weekend but its only monday so it will def change.

Oceandonkey wrote:

Problem number 1... my girlfriends parents are coming to meet my parents for the first time is this the end.... is there nothing left in life, it is all down hill from here :(

Mate get all that knocked over on the first day and if its the end, then you have the whole next day to fish without being pestered.

PROBLEM though, which 2 days are we talking about? Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun.

I can do either of the weekend days and will come along aslong as you let me know so I am not doing aimless laps of the carpark looking for people who are not even there.... :P

It was not that far from Wello. From the first stop we had which was just to the left of the markers, Master Sards told us it was only 3NM and to follow him.

Did it easy in my boat and with a bit of running around and the trip there and back I used about 20L of petrol all up in the 40hp.

Yeah it's not far from Wello. On a \"good day\" any tinnie would be fine but once it gets over say 10knts it starts getting messy and 15kts and it hurts.

Lets look at the weather closer to the date but I favour Sunday. I think the weather will settle Sat night and early Sunday till about lunch time.

hey big D if your serious about towing a kayak out ill pay you all the fish i get haha and thats if your going on a sunday. if its 3nm and u cant do the tow thing i mite have to get up extra early and meet u out there. pretty over bribie now after not catching ANYTHING last weekend. ayone know where my best chance of running into some longtails would be? harry a or bribie?

On the way back on saturday jordan we saw a kayaker out there with their minature spinaker thing that they have on the front. His wasnt really designed for fishing though but he was about half way out. We went right passed him to see if he was ok because it looked very dangerous in a flimsy little thing like that.

Booty,

Im not OD but -
/>http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQ11270.html
/>http://seabreeze.com.au/graphs/qld.asp

There's a few extras mentioned here -
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=237&func=view&catid=5&id=23712#23712

Oceandonkey wrote:

Have fun in those 4m seas guys. Im out at this stage unless things greatly change. I was looking so forward to finally meeting some others on the site dammit. What was it you said about that brick wall Brian.

OD the reef is inside the bay so we would be OK - a bit bumpy but OK. It's the wind that we gotta watch.

Archived