What music do you listen to ?

Jig_Meister

ahhh yeah, early pearl jam, love the STP, nirvana and the peppers rule, The jets go off, how about the angles and baby animals, god they were good early nineties pub bands.

Saw Baby Animals last year with INXS, that bird is one crazy person!

Love my 70's-90's mostly, stuff like Australian Crawl, The Clash, Don Henley, Neil Diamond, CCR, Paul Kelly, The Boss, Hall & Oates, the Oils, Pearl Jam, Clapton, Fleetwood Mac, Hunters & Collectors, Straits, Chisel, etc. Fair variety of stuff really. Meant to be seeing Choirboys, Richard Clapton Dragon Ian Moss and Noiseworks sunday, but probably be fishing instead haha.

I am suprised to see how many people are into Metal. I'm a hard core fanatic from long back. Love Pantera, Korn, System of a down, Sepultra, MAchine head, Suicidal Tendencies etc.

I played in 2 hard core metal bands in Brisbane in my 20's,

There is another type of music ???????? :evil:

The old school metal/rock scene was killer

Hard-ons

lime spiders

mudhoney

killengod

Nokturnal

misery

d-9

antisocial

Anyone around 35 > 40ish will remember the good era of rock bands owning the pub scene every weekend

cue the memories

I'm a sucker for Celine Dion, probably the greatest artist there is, hands down no questions asked ;)

I thought you where a big Barbara fan

I was thinking george michael/prince :silly:

I know for a fact he blasts Frankie Goes to Hollywood on the way to sessions

You're all just jelous at my quite obviously superior taste in music, I will blast some Barbara out for you at cricket next week Ted to get you pumped :P

Sex Pistols, Pendulum, Obscure Hot Rod and Surf rock 'n' roll, Foofighters, Rave era D'N'B, Mozart concertos, The Living End, Acid Jazz, Fun Loving Criminals, Bach organ works, Prodigy, ealry 80's Hip Hop, Al Green, WolfMother, etc. But that list might change tomorrow! B)

I listen to all sorts of music. I lean towards the heavier stuff but I also love good country and Bluegrass like Dan Tyminski, Tony Rice, Dr Ralph Stanley, Johnny Cash, George Jones, Willie Nelson.

The eighties, lots of typical teenage boy power rock like ACDC,Deff Leppard, Motley Crue, Van Halen.

The nineties I started wearing tattered flannos, grew my hair long and dyed it all sorts of stupid colours. My music of choice were bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Pop will eat itself, Faith No More, Neds Atomic Dustbin, Sound Garden, Sonic Youth, Mudhoney, The Pixies, Mr Bungle, Tool, Pantera and lots of Ministry and Nine Inch Nails....so much insanely good music in the nineties.

Lately I've gone back to listening to lots of seventies and early eighties stuff because a lot of modern music simply sucks.

Number one all time favourite happy good time toe tapping band CLUTCH

Imagine if you will a sound like early Sabbath with a huge glob of dirty blues thrown in, power grooves that flow like wine. Lyrics like they were written by Mark Twain on acid.

These guys can rock so hard that it will make your great grand children shake.

I love how there is heaps of Aussie bands coming up in this thread too! Resist the thought, great blokes. Dreamkillers are sick live.

Some other sweet aussie bands that you metal lovers should check out

Dead letter opener, easily the tightest live band ive ever heard, these guys are amazing.

Northlane, Amazing core band from Sydney. Check out this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMDIfypQkho So good!

Caligulas Horse. If your into Tool, Dream Theatre, Steve Vai id DEFINATELY reccomend you listen to these guys, im really good mates with the band and actually went to school with one of the guitarists. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbdkA2p1Nmg

Thy Art is Murder. Probably one of Australias biggest Death metal bands. Im good mates with the lead guitarst. This is my favourite song. Its a little less heavy than their other stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di609ie2nis

Metallica, Tool, Machine head, Korn, System, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, Rhcp, Screaming Jets and most other Aussie pub bands also The Butterfly Effect are a good local heavy band alas they're no more unfortunately. :(

Cheers

Mark

Excellent selection there! althought a huge metallica fan i did paddle down the brissy river on anzac day listening to john butler trio, that was awesome ;)

here are just a few that I can think of in no particular order,,,,

Sean Paul

John Cale

Hilltop Hoods

Johnny Cash

Nirvana

Sonic Youth

Bloc Party

Rage Against the Machine

Xavier Rudd

Pearl Jam

The Living End

Jimi Hendrix

The Smiths

Cold Chisel

Eminem

Nick Cave

Gorillaz

Bucket Head

Beastie Boys

Misfits

The Doors

Old School Metallica

Dead Kennedys

Slayer

Grinspoon

Bob Marley

Soundgarden

Killing Joke

Led Zeppelin

Bloodhound Gang

Tool

Primus

L.L. Cool J

XMYSTER

Muddy Waters

Audioslave

INXS

Chris Cornell

Stone Temple Pilots

Nine Inch Nails

Ween

Alex Lloyd

Violent Femmes

The Tea Party

Smokie

Run DMC

Neil Young

Mr. Bungle

The Velvet Underground

Steve Miller Band

Morphine

Megadeth

John Lee Hooker

Fleetwood Mac

Cypress Hill

N.W.A

Body Count

Black Sabbath

Bexta

Ben Harper

Cherry Poppin Daddy's

John Williamson

Dave Graney

Nick Skitz

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Pink Floyd

Alice in Chains

Black Flag

NADIR

Metallica, Tool, Machine head, Korn, System, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, Rhcp, Screaming Jets and most other Aussie pub bands also The Butterfly Effect are a good local heavy band alas they're no more unfortunately. :(

Cheers

Mark

they're playing kings beach tavern on saturday night mate! sold out show though

post-8878-144598790256_thumb.jpg

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQreJ488sH0

all the way, ash and i evan had nothing else matters for our first song when we got married.

So close, no matter how far

Couldn't be much more from the heart

Forever trusting who we are

and nothing else matters

Never opened myself this way

Life is ours, we live it our way

All these words I don't just say

and nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you

Every day for us something new

Open mind for a different view

and nothing else matters

never cared for what they do

never cared for what they know

but I know

and nothing else matters

but I know

Never opened myself this way

Life is ours, we live it our way

All these words I don't just say

Trust I seek and I find in you

Every day for us, something new

Open mind for a different view

and nothing else matters

never cared for what they say

never cared for games they play

and I know

No, nothing else matters

I am suprised to see how many people are into Metal. I'm a hard core fanatic from long back. Love Pantera, Korn, System of a down, Sepultra, MAchine head, Suicidal Tendencies etc.

Hard-ons

lime spiders

mudhoney

killengod

Nokturnal

misery

d-9

antisocial

Anyone around 35 > 40ish will remember the good era of rock bands owning the pub scene every weekend

cue the memories

Not sure what your getting at there with the :evil: face, Sorry doesnt Old school metal fall into the metal category, WTF.

Hardons were the first band I ever saw at Easts League club in 1987 and were my inspiration to start a band,

Hard-ons

lime spiders

mudhoney

killengod

Nokturnal

misery

d-9

antisocial

cue the memories

Not sure what your getting at there with the :evil: face, Sorry doesnt Old school metal fall into the metal category, WTF.

Hardons were the first band I ever saw at Easts League club in 1987 and were my inspiration to start a band,

I can't type it should have been IS THERE ANY OTHER TYPE OF MUSIC ??? if that makes more sense

jeez.. metal dominated. But how do you dance and pick up chicks to metal??

I do have a large spread of music in my library, but my playlist is generally dominated with r'n'b, hip hop and rap (any surprises??)

Lil' wayne

Childish Gambino

Drake

Lupe Fiasco

Mac Miller

Dirty Money

Nicki Minaj

2pac

B.I.G

Mase

Bone Thugs

Snoop

but then I've got stuff like

Greenday (dookie etc. not the new crud)

Offspring

Pennywise

Slipknot

Metallica

Xacier Rudd

Ben Harper

Jack johnson

Dispatch

grinspoon

Tiesto

Groove Armada

And the list goes on...

Besides metal I'm also into a lot of undergroundy type stuff (just call me hipster scum)

Beaverloop - awesome acid / punk / something wierd from perth late 90's

Beastie Boys - Just stuff like The New Style of licence to ill make me wanna be a bad ass

Groove Terminator

Kool Kieth / Dr Octagon / Dr Doom and what ever other names he has for himself

Big L - very talented rapper victim of his lifestyle (shot)

I'd have to go to my parents house to the computor I had for the past 15 years to get the rest of my list.

But for me all my music tastes started with the Silverchair, Frenzal Rhomb, Grinspoon, Jebediah, Spiderbait etc etc back in the 90's.

Also some mates / associates worth mentioning:

Seven - chilled hip / trip hop

Homeless Yellow - Acoustic folk music made by dudes from bands like Beijing Tank, The Dead and Portal

Also check Beijing Tank, The Dead and Portal.

or some infectious grooves from psycho mikko

I remember seeing Infectious Grooves in the valley.....what a performance. My ears rang for a week !!! I heard that Mighty Mike Muir was living on the Sunshine Coast. ( don't know if it's true or not, just heard it somewhere )

I saw Suicidal Tendencies when they were the special guest of Alice in Chains at festival hall. Alice in Chains were amazing but Suicidal were just pure power.

my top 5 artists: johnny cash, nickelback, pitbull, eagles and my fav of all time VAN MORRISON..

2nd top 5 arists: bryan adams, lil jon, chris rea, chingy and acdc.

that pretty much covers all styles of mustic over almost 5 decades.

my top 5 artists: johnny cash, nickelback, pitbull, eagles and my fav of all time VAN MORRISON..

2nd top 5 arists: bryan adams, lil jon, chris rea, chingy and acdc.

that pretty much covers all styles of mustic over almost 5 decades.

Van the man used to be all that played when we were game fishing - seemed to ensure a good days fishing

Blues / Rock / Indie / Irish Trad - pretty much anything really (except for dubstep - just can't seem to find a place in my head for it).

A couple of current faves include The Audreys

post-4699-144598791409_thumb.jpg

and the latest Cold Chisel album

post-4699-144598791421_thumb.jpg

(don't get in Jimmy Barnes' way - EVER)

also Great Big Sea

post-4699-14459879143_thumb.jpg

Archived