modified g vibe

mackmauler

Brian D wrote:

Hey Mack are you aware there are 2 sizes in the Gvibes. The heavier ones are actually heavier then the TN/70 I use. Maybe you were using the light weigh ones.

Sorry I said that wrong - 2 weights not sizes. Some have a heavy lead on the nose and others barley have a chin.

I don't know BigT

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/08/01 16:39

Yep the heavier ones are labeled \"Deep\" have quite a chunky nose on them. There seems to be two types, one where the big lump of lead on the nose is painted, one where it is not. I have two identical ones, one painted, one not, so it is not just the different colours, perhaps one was older stock.

Dont worry about Troy Ellicat, he can catch fish alright, he just cant bring himself to use a lure that costs less than $10 :)

bigtez: No i have not. But at that price id be interested to know how they go....

mackmauler: How exactly have you added the lead if you dont mind me asking....?

Troy: Mate when you leave home and commence paying bills etc, you might decide these cheaper lures that still seem to catch fish are not a bad idea after all :P

Everyone: I have the opposite problem with the Yo Zuri Duel Drums i use. To bloody heavy!

Angus

Feral wrote:

Dont worry about Troy Ellicat, he can catch fish alright, he just cant bring himself to use a lure that costs less than $10 :)

No, I just can't justify buying lures that have completely ripped off the design of a high quality lure.

Jackalls, TD Vibes and Yo-Zuri 3D's all work, but they all have different designs to them aswell. Once Jackall TN's and Ecogear SX's got big Kokoda attempted to rip off each curve and bump of these lures and call them the 'Gold Series'. They are all designed buy people who don't even fish. ET is just used as a marketing strategy.

Don't forget that they ripped off the Halco Scorpian also. I can't recall the name of this rip off but it is also in the 'Gold Series'.

TN's have a perfectly weighted and balanced interior. Hence why the Silent, Rattler and Iyoken Sound hardbaits all look the same but weigh less or more then each other.

When Kokoda realised how crappily light their original G-Vibes were they decided to pile the lead onto the nose which causes it to sink nose down without the swimming action on the drop as TN has on their baits. TN's also sink more horizontally then G-Vibes which looks more natural.

Jackalls also have a lot more vibration then G-Vibes and can be rolled much much slower and give the same good action.

And to top it all off Kokoda decided to fix their Vibes with the cheapest terminal tackle they could find.

Oh and they also ripped off the TN packaging design. Haha how pathetic can you get!?

'Kackalls' from the 'Rip Job Series' I say.

Troy

Edit: OK, pic doesn't want to work.

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2007/08/06 03:23

blue_mako wrote:

Don't forget that they ripped off the Halco Scorpian also. I can't recall the name of this rip off but it is also in the 'Gold Series'

Thanks for the Tip Troy, I'll have to see if I can find some of those as well!

I've just stocked up on my G Vibes, courtesy of Angus's tip from Jimmy Bob, Got 5 for 20 bucks, all the colours and sizes I have lost, so my collection is complete again!

I did find a bloke selling Jackalls on Ebay Troy, they usually go for about $30 for two, with $5 postage. Not much of a choice though, he usually runs about 5 sets at a time. If I can find him again I'll post the link.

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/08/06 04:09

Looks like I gave you blokes a bum steer on what the G Vibes are called, noticed on the new ones I picked up today that both sizes are labeled deep.

So if you want the ones that go deeper, look for 18grams on the label, lighter ones are marked 11 grams.

bothmarkeddeep.jpg

blue_mako wrote:

No, I just can't justify buying lures that have completely ripped off the design of a high quality lure.

Is it not possible that Kokoda lures are Jackall seconds or older models that are sold off cheaper rather then throwing in the bin. That way they get some of the money back without associating there top end lures with a cheaper brand. Would also explain the similar packaging.

As I am not prepared to have my back pocket raped every time I go into a tackle shop to buy lures I will always try the cheaper alternative first.

It is not possible. If you pick up the Sprog or G-vibe and compare it with a SX40 or TN60, you will notice many differences in quality. But still, G-vibes show they work just as good, if not better than Jackalls most times, so you should use these before upgading in the cost to a Jackall

Ferel: This is the Halco Scorpion imitation that Troy was talking about http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SMOKIN-BANDITS-70MM-BREAM-MULLOWAY-DEEP-DIVINF-LURE_W0QQitemZ140144790228QQihZ004QQcategoryZ106405QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I would not reccommend buying any thing from this guy though unless you couldn't find a coulour anywhere else. Everything is way over priced. Like the G-vibes, they are atleast $10 for 1. Way too much

Ta mate, thought it might have been the sprog's.

I also spotted a coloured G Vibe I dont have on his site the other day. Wont be getting it from him, I'll wait until I order some crazy deeps from Mo Tackle later in the year for Awoonga, they are $5.50 each there, but postage is $10 max, so basically free if I get it same time as another order.

Archived