Declan's first fish!

James W

The wife has just given birth to our daughter last week ( hence the fact i have been real quiet on here ) and i wanted to get the boy out of the house for a while to give the two girls some peace. So me and Declan aged 3 took off to the creek. Now this was the firstt ime i really took declan fishing so i was really happy to see him keen to get the rod in hand. Now he could get casting down yet but he can wind in pretty well so i flicked out the little 1 inch atomic grub and gave him the rod.So hes winding in and swinging the rod side to side in a dangerous fashion when the rod loads up! now his landing metod may has consisted of dragging the fish rather than winding and playing it like a pro, but hey..i was totally stoked for him..and it wasnt a bad sized pike for the area too :)

go Declan! [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P8050662.JPG

post-180-144598423588_thumb.jpg

okay in my books da kids a pro! i bee trying for ages to get a fish on plastic and finally have only got one last weekend, many trip coming back with sore arms from a billion casts, yet first time and lands a quality pike amost bigger than himself. i bow down in your presence declan! oh and elmo to keep you happy.

Archived