2012 Moreton Bay Classic

Angus

We put in at Port of Brisbane and fished Mudd and the Ammo Barge and got SFA all day. No birds working and only manage a tailor on a slug and a few squire on bait.

My worst day of fishing to date!

How did everyone else go??

You day sounds like mine. I hit the river yesterday about 5pm, jigged up 20 odd herring and a managed a few tailor on the jiggs in about 10 minutes at the poo chute.

Things were looking up and we headed out to Mud for an evening session. We spent a good 2.5 hours moving, drifting, burleying for absolutely nothing. Not even a bite.

We then went back to the river at about 9pm and hit up a few spots in there until midnight but once again came up with nothing.

shocking night.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We put in at Port of Brisbane and fished Mudd and the Ammo Barge and got SFA all day. No birds working and only manage a tailor on a slug and a few squire on bait.

My worst day of fishing to date!

How did everyone else go??

You day sounds like mine. I hit the river yesterday about 5pm, jigged up 20 odd herring and a managed a few tailor on the jiggs in about 10 minutes at the poo chute.

Things were looking up and we headed out to Mud for an evening session. We spent a good 2.5 hours moving, drifting, burleying for absolutely nothing. Not even a bite.

We then went back to the river at about 9pm and hit up a few spots in there until midnight but once again came up with nothing.

shocking night.

Hey Seiran, Were you inside the comp boundaries when fishing in the river ?

Hey Wahoo2, Were you in the open tinny on the east side of mud with a bait under a float for a pelagic out the back ? I think we may have drifted past you and had a brief chat ??

Any news, any updates?

It was a beautiful day

To be on the Bay

With jellyfish aplenty

You could see them all the way

The fish were biting from below

The birds diving in from above

My hands now stink from all that bait

I wish I'd used a glove

Did we catch fish ?

Yes we caught plenty

Some were even good enough

To lodge as an MBC prize entry

Geez Brian for such a loathesome, offensive brute (sorry, borrowed that from Seinfeld - Kramer ....) you are quite poetic!!!!

Hi mate that was snapper trapper I was next to him in the black side console. We had a bad day

OK. You pulled in next to me at the servo. That's a big tinny !!!

I was trying to keep an eye on you (and anyone else) while I was in the shop to make sure you didn't flog any of my prized possessions from the Force. :lol::lol:

Saw you on the water a few times too.

Any news, any updates?

It was a beautiful day

To be on the Bay

With jellyfish aplenty

You could see them all the way

The fish were biting from below

The birds diving in from above

My hands now stink from all that bait

I wish I'd used a glove

Did we catch fish ?

Yes we caught plenty

Some were even good enough

To lodge as an MBC prize entry

Geez Brian for such a loathesome, offensive brute (sorry, borrowed that from Seinfeld - Kramer ....) you are quite pathetic!!!!

Archived