2012 Moreton Bay Classic

Angus

Hey team,

Well the details are out for the 2012 Moreton Bay Classic

Please click here below the finer points: http://www.australianfishing.com.au/tournaments/moreton-bay-classic/618-2012-moreton-bay-classic

As you will see this event does cross over with the Flathead Social. With socials now every month this was bound to happen with some events but we do not see it as a negative but positive. We have extended the boundaries of the event for starters and included Flathead as a target species so social attendees can enter (but not be obligated to) the Flathead social and the MBC and be at no disadvantage.

After market research conducted here months ago we have also made the MBC only $10 entry (until the 7th Sept). We hope this price combined with a social outlet during the event will satisfy most needs and wants and still include a small "competitive" atmosphere... This lower price obviously comes with a slightly lower prize pool, however the overwhelming feedback from those surveys was an interest is lower prizes even at the expense of prizes :)

Obviously we would love as many of the Flathead Social attendee's to enter the MBC as well and for 10 bucks we think the possibility of taking our the Longest Flatty in two events as well as some additional lucky door prize options might be incentive...

Either way we hope everyone has fun at both events and I will personally be enjoying the Flathead Social myself!

:)

Angus

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the boundaries now include from the pin till the spit? Also are the rules pretty much the same for the MBC as they are for the flathead social...I guess what im asking is once my entry is in for the social i can then take that pic and just upload it for the MBC?

DeckHand...

Yes the boundaries will encompass from the Pin to the spit to give attendee of the Social the option to enter both with no disadvantage.

The rules are posted on the front page and I would always advise reading them through, but essentially yes they are similar although a unique item (which as per the overview will be emailed to you the night before) needs to appear in the photo.

Angus

Thanks for the clarification was looking at the whole angler id and the hand signals before....not sure if i'll enter both or just the social don't like my chances of winning anything anyway just happy to get out on the water with some fellow AFO'ers :cheer:

One thing i have learnt about the comps is always measure everything. Sometimes the smallest fish win.

Yes Ted. Look at Campbell Newman. He did alright and I reckon his fish would be pretty small going by the rest of him :lol:

D/H, Some of us will enter knowing that there is no chance, or not even trying, for a win but happy to slip $10 towards the site and also with the off-chance of winning a lucky door prize. :)

Angus, Ten bucks !?!? You're kidding. :woohoo:

Thanks for the clarification was looking at the whole angler id and the hand signals before....not sure if i'll enter both or just the social don't like my chances of winning anything anyway just happy to get out on the water with some fellow AFO'ers :cheer:

One thing i have learnt about the comps is always measure everything. Sometimes the smallest fish win.

With a PB of 73cm i dunno :P

If you choose to go Direct Deposit it takes you to a 404.

Are account details the same as they have been for the last couple of years ?

Fixed.

Yes bank account details are the same.

Payment Methods are found here: http://www.australianfishing.com.au/tournaments/payment-methods

If paying by direct deposit (not Paypal) please ensure you make this within 5 days of registering for the tournament online. Also please also ensure you put your surname and MBC in payment reference! thanks

Hi Angus, the southern boundary on the comp site says S27 degrees 50 isn't that the same as last year, or have i worked it out wrong.

Sorry if i did, cheers wayne

Youngy I have not checked a map but reest assured if is not accurate now ill get it ammended.

The boundaries are all the way to the seaway (and a touch more) so the boys fishing the Flathead Social can be doing both at once :)

Angus

Is it cheaper for you guys to use Direct transfer or Paypal ?
It is easier for us for members to pay with paypal as it automatically updates the entry. We don't mind direct deposit but we need the tournament and surname in the reference otherwise it is sometimes nearly impossible to match up when there are lots of all the same amount B)

DeckHand...

Yes the boundaries will encompass from the Pin to the spit to give attendee of the Social the option to enter both with no disadvantage.

Ah, the rules say northern boundary is 27 0' 0", which on my map is about Donnybrook,

Southern Boundary 27 ' 50", which on my map is about 1.5k south of the northern boundary, I suspected that you meant 27 50', but checking that, its about the northern channel of the Coomera river? About 10k north of the spit.

Southern boundary should be about 27 56' to include the Passage (northern tip of the spit).

Registered and paid. Now time to sit back and plan what to do with my lucky door prize.

Can I have the winnings in 5 cent pieces? I want to swim in it like Scrooge McDuck!

Prof. Baden Phillips

aka Cmdr Baden Phillips (Light Whores ret.)

Scrooge...

Has a ring to it...

I am sure you have some slippers and a robe to go with?

$10?? that's a great entry price. For anyone too lazy to click on the link to see the dates of the comp -

3 days from Friday 21st September 10:00am - Sunday 23rd September 2012 6:00pm

Angus- I could just be blind but are you missing details on how to submit your entry and also where the final weigh-in/prize ceremony will be?

$10?? that's a great entry price. For anyone too lazy to click on the link to see the dates of the comp -

3 days from Friday 21st September 10:00am - Sunday 23rd September 2012 6:00pm

Angus- I could just be blind but are you missing details on how to submit your entry and also where the final weigh-in/prize ceremony will be?

Not blind.

It will be online submission and awards (like last year).

From a social stand point I would be encouraging people to head down to the Flatty Social (as you can compete in both consecutively) and I am seriously considering doing a Sat night Muddy Farmer Pub meet if anyone is keen and not fishing...

Angus

Registered and paid! Woooo my first comp, exciting :woohoo:

hey matt - what colour s2k do you drive? also... do I already know you?

Hey I have a blue one, and before that I was crxmatt. Dunno if you know me, havent been a member on here for long but I get around. Also went to Churchie like a few others on here, finished in 98 though

Archived