AFO Wavebreak Island Social Oct 5th/6th/7th

tugger

Cheers mate. I am running CO2 bulbs for pouring, worked great at Blakeslys. They are working real well, running them at the moment since the bottle was empty. Will take it down again this trip. Just need to sort out a bottle for gassing and future brews.

Still have those kegs if you need them too. Can leave them at work if thats easier

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have a go at that blonde to if you dont mind and i might have a few beers to

Going to be a great weekend. Hoping to see some nice cobes and mackerel.

I had to take the CO2 bottle into get tested yesterday and it has failed due to internal rust. If anyone knows of one going cheap please let me know. I will need to gas up probably on 29th September so any help would be great. Cheers.

The blonde is looking and smelling great at the moment. Might have to have a go at it before the social......

[attachment=55429]Beer-Blonde.jpg[/attachment]

I'll be bringing a tarp, table and small bbq there'll be 3 spits going on saturday night with chooks, lamb roasts, potatoes pumkin and garlic breads so if everyone could chip in a bit for the feed let us know here. Things like desert, meats or salads etc we will need atleast 10 chooks and a roast or 2

I'll be bringing a chook and some spuds and 1kg of coleslaw salad.

I have been watching the SST charts lately and there has been some nice warm water floating in everywhere around SE QLD. May have to have a few wire rigs set up for some mackerel. Temp was at about 21 out from boat rock yesterday.

/>http://www.fishtrack.com/fishing-charts/gold-coast_58654

Heard of a few people are starting to troll recently.

I have been watching the SST charts lately and there has been some nice warm water floating in everywhere around SE QLD. May have to have a few wire rigs set up for some mackerel. Temp was at about 21 out from boat rock yesterday.

/>http://www.fishtrack.com/fishing-charts/gold-coast_58654

Heard of a few people are starting to troll recently.

Yeah mate I have been seeing a fair few big boats out. There is some good bait around and we are seeing some warm weather species popping up already so I think it will be game on.

45 from those that have indicated so far

So whas the count now tugger? I think this one is going to be a pretty big one, Im really hoping the weather is good, Im personally heading north this time outside and seeing how a few of those fads are going, Ive got a couple of people coming accross in my boat,

Going to be a great weekend. Hoping to see some nice cobes and mackerel.

I had to take the CO2 bottle into get tested yesterday and it has failed due to internal rust. If anyone knows of one going cheap please let me know. I will need to gas up probably on 29th September so any help would be great. Cheers.

The blonde is looking and smelling great at the moment. Might have to have a go at it before the social......

Please bring her, i need something nicer to look at than Teds butt crack while Gary has him tied in a knot :woohoo:

[attachment=55429]Beer-Blonde.jpg[/attachment]

So whas the count now tugger? I think this one is going to be a pretty big one, Im really hoping the weather is good, Im personally heading north this time outside and seeing how a few of those fads are going, Ive got a couple of people coming accross in my boat,

I'm keen as to give the fads a go. If its smooth enough I will give it a go sometime during the weekend.

Just dropped the beer into the kegs from the secondaries and they are tasting pretty good. The amarillo in the amber ale is tasting great. Think amarillo will be making a few more appearances in brews to come, with a bit more malt too.

The cascade in the blonde is a bit bitter, might go all malt next time. Gassing up now and waiting to have a few tasters this week.

The new boat looks like a good overnighter Brad have you blooded it in yet

I have a deckie spot or maybe two available on my boat for the weekend, Ill be getting there early saturday morning, looking to fish the fads, maybe some fishing at night in the mouth. Split fuel and bait. Pm me if interested, this is the boat.

[attachment=56034]IMG_1698_2012-09-28.JPG[/attachment]

I'm keen as to give the fads a go. If its smooth enough I will give it a go sometime during the weekend.

The gooberments website says the FADs are removed from Jun - nov for whale migration.

Did you end up going out on the weekend to check them?

--julian

The new boat looks like a good overnighter Brad have you blooded it in yet

Not offshore yet Tugger but Ive picked up some nice fish in the bay and river, boats got lots of room to sleep and more fishing room at the back than im used to, goes really well, take it for a run on the weekend if ya like.

The gooberments website says the FADs are removed from Jun - nov for whale migration.

Did you end up going out on the weekend to check them?

--julian

I was wondering that. I had a quick look for the temp notice to mariners for the removal this year but couldn't see it, only the placement in March or may.

Im not sure if they are there or not, I have a few marks if not, I wouldnt have thought they would have taken them so soon after installing them but if they are a hazard to the whales then I guess they remove them regardless, it usualy doesnt take too long for them to start working again. Im interested in these ones because they are so close in!

Archived