AFO Wanderers Wavebreak Island social 23/24/25 november

tugger

A few people have been asking about another social down on the Island and with all the reports about small black marlin cruising about inshore it could be a good time to do another trip. Everyone is welcome to join us for the days fishing and or camping along the northern beach of wavebreak island. There is a good protected anchorage out front of this beach if you wish to stay on your boat overnight or plenty of guys throw up small tents just back from the beach. The island is situated in front of the southport seaway on the gold coast and has numerous boat ramps close by to pick from.

I'll have a small bbq and gas light for the evening meals and I will bring a table and tarp for the camp dont forget a fold up chair and if you can bring along some firewood. The bigger boats will get offshore fishing for marlin, snapper, cobia etc if the weather is good otherwise there is plenty of good fishing in the southport seaway or surrounding broadwater for jew, trevally, flathead, whiting etc.

Please post here if you have deckie spots in your boat or if you are looking for a deckie spots these are great socials and a good way to meet the AFO crew if you have not met anyone yet. Fingers crossed for some good weather and I'll see you all down there.

Here is where will be camped where the pin is

post-4390-14459888054_thumb.jpg

Last time we were there there was some great jews in the Seaway.

Jigging plastics was the go for them.

Also there is plenty of juvie blacks just out the front of the Seaway.

They have been just north of the seaway and are right up to the Pin bar in good numbers.

They are between 19 and 24m of water on the bait schools and further north they have been in 30m outside the green zone.

I will be coming. Going to put leave in for the friday right now. I've been looking for a chance to get back down there to snag a cobe.

Might throw a pillie on a tazzie devil on the handline. Whats the bet it gets smashed.

I won't have enough time to do up a full keg so I'm hoping Ted will be available for this one. DO have the left over amber ale from Borumba but I don't think much will be left.

Cheers

BJ

I should be right for day trips each day but probably not staying overnight. Got to check if I am on call or not. I am picking up my new boat this wednesday, need to get it and trailer registered, get an anchor and all safety gear and I'm set. Hopefully be able to get offshore but got to play around with props as the one on it is cavitating/ventilating badly in certain situations and might not be safe enough outside till I get it sorted. The weekend will be a good opportunity to do it having a good group of experienced boaties who dont mind lending their knowledge to help fellow afoers out! :)

Looking forward to catching up with the usual crew and meeting some new faces, cheers Rob

I will be coming. Going to put leave in for the friday right now. I've been looking for a chance to get back down there to snag a cobe.

Might throw a pillie on a tazzie devil on the handline. Whats the bet it gets smashed.

I won't have enough time to do up a full keg so I'm hoping Ted will be available for this one. DO have the left over amber ale from Borumba but I don't think much will be left.

Cheers

BJ

hey BJ - I have a couple of kegs you can take over if I do not make it.

I've nearly made up a pulley system so see how it goes. Just need to get some more chain.

Having a think about it is it easier to tie off at the tree first then drop the line and anchor out deep. Dropping the anchor out deep first might mean the top ring isn't in the right spot.

I might also put a small float on the deep ring to keep it out of the sand, might be easier to adjust then.

With the pulley system BJ thats what I do is tie it off to the tree first then run out the line and drop the anchor last I should be there by 9am friday so can give you a hand if you like

I've nearly made up a pulley system so see how it goes. Just need to get some more chain.

Having a think about it is it easier to tie off at the tree first then drop the line and anchor out deep. Dropping the anchor out deep first might mean the top ring isn't in the right spot.

I might also put a small float on the deep ring to keep it out of the sand, might be easier to adjust then.

Hang in there mate its early yet there are guys going that might have room, I would have offered but from your first post it looked like you werent sure how long you are coming for

haha looks like lots of people need spots and not enough boats

guess I'll have to miss it if there arent any spots left

Leave for friday is approved so I am really looking forward to this one. Just got to find out what the deckie is doing. Going to head down early, set the anchor, try to load up on livies then see whats around.

There is a real big temperature jump about so it might be game on for the big boats.

post-9503-144598881627_thumb.jpg

You can see the marlin loving that and thats a big reason they are in close to the coast

Leave for friday is approved so I am really looking forward to this one. Just got to find out what the deckie is doing. Going to head down early, set the anchor, try to load up on livies then see whats around.

There is a real big temperature jump about so it might be game on for the big boats.

[attachment=57872]untitled.JPG[/attachment]

Well you know where we will be Aaron and what we will be doing so come and join us if things turn ugly up north it would be good to catch up havent seen ya in a while I think it was about this time last year up at somerset if my memory is correct

I am keeping a close eye on the weather forecast for Hervey Bay and if the wind keeps up we will move to plan B and hit the goldie. :)

Yeh it would be that long, how time flies. I am definitely leaning to the wave break idea especially if those little blacks are making there way down the coast. Plus maybe there would be some boys for Jake to hang with when not fishing as he doesn't sit around and drink and BS yet.

Archived