Mackerel showing up who's chasing them this summer ?

tugger

Yeah Manni go in to coast watch and hit the surf and beach tab and there will be a box on the right hand side for all the surf cams currumbin alley has its own and it pans around for you

I like to watch the baots in the morning heading out so you know what line to take to stay in deep water it will give you a live feed on the cam

low tide looks fun.... :unsure:

[attachment=58286]untitled1.JPG[/attachment]

looks like you could walk across, what site are you viewing the cams, coast watch?

In our crazy young days we used to push the boats over the sand bar at currumbin when the swell was tiny and the skipper would jump in when we had just enough water to kick the motor off while we kept it head into the waves and as soon as he could spin the prop in the water we would jump back in and away you would go bugger that now i just wait till the tide is high enough to drive through and i'm not 20 years old any more

Dredge has gone from the mouth of Currumbin so it looks like it is finished for the season. Channel still has a shallow sand bar across it at the end of the rockwall.

I was at the Alley for an hour this morning and only saw a couple of boats head out - very few boats on Palmy for a day with little swell and wind, but I think the drop in water temp may have a lot to do with that. Reports have been very quiet this week.

Marty

Archived