Dates For The 2013 Summer Classic

Angus

[attachment=58992]2013.JPG[/attachment]

Hey gang,

In response to a lot of requests I have the dates up for the 2013 Summer Classic.

I hope this helps out those who need to look into time off etc (like me!!).

There are some fine points to iron out before the rest of the information goes up and registrations are opened but rest assured...

* the prizes will be good.

* the field will be large.

* the event will be inclusive not exclusive.

* there will be a junior category.

* the entry fee will be low ($20 or less).

I hope this is enough information for people to plan in the short term.

There is an official AFO Event page set up for this event.

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/community/events/viewevent/220-2013-summer-classic

Feel free to RSVP so we have some idea of number.

There is no "official" camp site we will all use but based on last time I would surprised if Boreen Point did not see another influx and from memory is a lot cheaper than the camp in the lower reaches.

HQ at this stage will be Davo's Tackle & Bait Noosa. More to come re that after next weekend when I have a meeting with them.

Angus

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone considered accommodation for this event ?

I was thinking if head quarters will be at Davo's at Noosa, then the camp grounds at Noosa North Shore may be better than Boreen Pt.

It has a great pub and shop, 4wd access to the beach, grassed camping area with facilities and also cabins and (possibly still) pre-pitched tents. I'm sure it would fit the bill as well as Boreen Pt did last year.

Also it is close to a boat ramp. Access is via the Tewantin Ferry.

Your thoughts ?

I was thinking if head quarters will be at Davo's at Noosa, then the camp grounds at Noosa North Shore may be better than Boreen Pt.

It has a great pub and shop, 4wd access to the beach, grassed camping area with facilities and also cabins and (possibly still) pre-pitched tents. I'm sure it would fit the bill as well as Boreen Pt did last year.

Your thoughts ?

Brian which park are you talking about? According to website beach front only has unpowered sites avail all others booked. Could you put up link if it isnt beach front park.

Cheers

Ray

Your thoughts ?

Just a heads up I have had a couple of little issues finalizing the HQ. I have also had 0 hours during the working day to chase it up the last couple of weeks.

I will have something posted tomorrow either way.

So hopefully it will still be Davo's but if not I will call the Apollonian again as they did such a great job by us last time.

Searing Tackle has also chipped in some great Damiki and Pontoon 21 prizes so either way there is a prize pool as well :)

Archived