***** Makocraft 610 cruiser cab Massive price drop *****

Joerabbit

Below is the link my boat i have for sale if you're after a well looked after off shore family boat this is perfect for you

it comes with lot of gear and paperwork full service history and even a ships log if you have any questions please contact my self via a Personal Message or through Steve at John Crawford Marine

cheers

Joe

post-11183-144598982298_thumb.jpg

/>http://www.johncrawfordmarine.com.au/johncrawfordboats-for-sale/used/power-boats/makocraft-cruiser-cab-610/134647

im chasing around $38k in my hand .............so there is a commission on top of that.......... it is advertised for $45K at John crawford i think that there is a bit of room to negioate ...............having said that it is a boat that is in good nick and should sell it self i have only just put it on the market.

I am open to reasonable offers

Cheers Joe

Nice boat mate.

$38k is a steal for that. Its in mint condition.

Looks like it hasnt being used much Il tell a few mates about it.

How many hrs on motor?

Doesnt it have a sounder? I cant tell from photos.

Have you taken it offshore yet. How does it handle big seas.

Shane

Hey Shane

I got it secondhand...... for a good price............ it has been used a fair bit I tend to look after my boats more than I do most other stuff I have. The motor has approximately 180 hrs about 130 of those are hours that I have done personally, I installed an hour meter so servicing could be carried out on time, and I only had the servicing done at a Suzuki dealer in Townsville. I used this boat mainly for reef trips off Townsville the furthermost trip being to Pith Reef around 90 k off shore the worst weather I have had it in, in the short time I have had it would be a stiff breeze of about 25 -30 knots it seem to handle it ok but I was traveling with it. I did ballast the bow with about 25L of drinking water as I felt the bow was a little bit light, a typical problem with alloy boats and the trim tabs help with this also.

The condition of this is pretty much like new with a few minor scratches here and there and the trailer has a stone guard as I was getting a few stone chips with highway driving

Cheers

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

I have just been informed that we are moving interstate at the end of the year so I am forced to drop the price

Below is the link my boat i have for sale if you're after a well looked after off shore family boat this is perfect for you

it comes with lot of gear and paperwork full service history and even a ships log if you have any questions please contact my self via a Personal Message or through Steve at John Crawford Marine

cheers

Joe
/>http://www.johncrawfordmarine.com.au/johncrawfordboats-for-sale/used/power-boats/makocraft-cruiser-cab-610/134647

post-11183-144598988003_thumb.jpg

can tell ya it was the pacfic marine demo boat,i got the 1st one through them and this was the 2nd one through there yard when they where makocraft dealers...nice boat the makocrafts stable at rest but do bang a bit into the chop... trimtabs do help that to a certain degree. following sea the stay reasonably straight an don't broach.

brad

Neptune marine did all the fitups on pacific marine boats at that time.they are a lot of boat for the money but the ply floors in them where shocking to say the least,mine was nearly rooted after 3 years.never sealed under the carpet nor the underside of the ply...common problem with this brand of boat

I can not say for sure if this came through Pacific marine as a new boat. However I got it second hand through them and they did not mention it being sold new through them. I have done a lot of Reef trips off Townsville with it and it never had a problem with chop. I did store about 30L of fresh water under the bunks in the front, this in combination with the QL trim tabs may have contributed to keeping the bow down. The floor has been up a number of times to carry out maintenance etc. I will say that the floors are not sealed which is a disappointment for a boat of this size and the money you spend. having said that the floors are not soft or spongy as I have stored this in a large shed since I have owned it. the pictures you see is the standard it was kept at its entire life. this is a beautiful boat and turns heads everywhere it goes I have caught a lot of fish in it it will be sad to see it go. But the Misses says she wants a house and the bank says I can't have both.

i can do better if you give me your email i can email you the ships log

ships log says

AVERAGE total trip Engine hours 13.25

AVERAGE fuel consumed 91 L

AVERAGE Fuel cost since purchased $1.46 per litre (this is only going to go up beyond my control)

AVERAGE fuel cost per trip $134 (this is only going to go up beyond my control)

AVERAGE fuel consumption per hour 8.58 this varies considerably depending on weather and length of trip and speed

AVERAGE fuel cost per kilometre 82 cents

AVERAGE fuel consumed per kilometre .56 L

AVERAGE Trip distance 150.25k

Please keep in mind that this is an AVERAGE taken across the whole time I have owned it and all figures have been taken from a GPS for accuracy on distance and an independent hour meter so distance V Hours may be a

bit out but it does give a good indication on fuel consumption.Most trips were overnight at various Reefs in North Queensland, I always worked on 1L per Kilometre and that allowed enough to troll and get home with plenty in the tank. Also a big variable is the speed that you do I sat around 25 knots and that put the revs at around 5000 any more than that fuel consumption went to poo and the engine would have been getting flogged for no reason.

if you have any more questions please let me know

good luck with the sale but I know this boat was there demo boat...as for the QL trim tabs they fitted them to it during the fit up after mine was taken back to them as it had a bad lean in a cross wind which they fixed by fitting my QL'S at makocrafts exspence...b4 that they didn't even know bout the problem in a cross wind...as for the floors mate doesn't matter what brand most are not sealed either..as for resale value I put 450 hrs on mine in 3 yrs and sold it for 1500 less than I bought it but I did buy it cheap being there first order boat..think I payed around $33000 as a brand new package fully fitted out

..as for resale value I put 450 hrs on mine in 3 yrs and sold it for 1500 less than I bought it but I did buy it cheap being there first order boat..think I payed around $33000 as a brand new package fully fitted out

I purchased this boat whilst still under warranty so i received the original purchase paperwork................The original purchaser paid around double of what you did ($65K)..........so either we are talking about two different boats or you got yours at a very good price. I have been following advice from several different yards with respect to price and all the yards have told me that $40k is respectable as its a well maintained boat and still looks new the motor has only 180 hrs so its only just been run in. Similar vessels over six meters are selling for similar prices so I don't think what I am asking is unreasonable

• 4 weeks later...

As I said before we are moving to the NT and the end of the year and if it does not sell I will be taking it with me. So any one who's interested, can deal with me directly through a personal message. it will be off the market in early December it's an excellent boat and Im trying to convince the wife that we don't need to sell it just yet.

Archived