2014 Summer Classic - Good start...

Angus

Great start to the classic!

In the registrations last night between 5-6pm we had over 60 people front up and register. Expecting a lot more today.

A few points of interest in Davos for those competing...

These pre rigged gladiator prawns have been accounting for a lot of the Jew, flathead and trevally around the lower reaches...

post-63-144599034661_thumb.jpg

Event sponsor spotters have put everything on sale for the event...

post-63-144599034672_thumb.jpg

Davos is now the first store with a full Nordic range on the shelves... Areals, favorites, areal pros and dynamic f1s...

post-63-144599034681_thumb.jpg

Not to mention all sizes in Nordic Stage tournament shirts and 10% gear...

post-63-14459903469_thumb.jpg

We will get some more fishy updates soon!

Angus

A bit of competition etiquette for anyone fishing this comp....This is just in case there was not a briefing relating to the below:

Respect other people fishing and give them space. By space I mean give us all decent casting distance.

Do not anchor ANYWHERE in the boat channel and block boat traffic. If coastguard have an emergency you are creating a safety hazard especially when the channel is very narrow at low tide.

I was fishing this morning and some clever dick thought it was acceptable to come and anchor in the channel in between myself and another angler only 10ft away from the wall effectively blocking both of us from fishing.

I know its a competition but if you are local or visiting please use your brain and drift fish or back off away from land based anglers and give us space please. It is not pleasurable having to cast over a boat or your lines to continue fishing.

To fish that area it is best to drift with the tide and not anchor so please find out from the boys at Davos how to fish certain areas to maximise your catch rate.

Thanks and good luck everyone.......

due to a clerical error, i didn't even make it to registration.

hope everyone had fun, looking forward to seeing some pics.

Is that codeword for 'you forgot it was on?' ......... On a sidenote Adam, I finally got myself a kayak (4.1m OK Scupper Pro) so once I've learnt how to use it (haven't wet it yet) I'll have to tee up a session with you out at Fisho Island if you still fish around there?

due to a clerical error, i didn't even make it to registration.

hope everyone had fun, looking forward to seeing some pics.

Is that codeword for 'you forgot it was on?' ......... On a sidenote Adam, I finally got myself a kayak (4.1m OK Scupper Pro) so once I've learnt how to use it (haven't wet it yet) I'll have to tee up a session with you out at Fisho Island if you still fish around there?

code for, lets just say I'm fishing noosa next weekend by myself :blush:

I'm living on the coast now. plenty of new territory to explore

Archived