Quick NPD tips!!

Cowfish13

We were going to go out in the bay but its too rough/windy. So we are now going to NPD. If any one knows a place where we can catch a fish it would be most welcome. Size isn't a problem. I'd welcome a 15cm one just as much as a 50cm one.

We will be able to walk long distances and any type of fish is welcome. Bass, Yellowbelly, Toga:laugh: or any thing else.

We will be using some bait and some lures. Mainly Jackalls, G-vibes, Spinnerbaits and other diving minnows.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks to everyone. I'll probably try out McGavins (like tim said) then if the wind is too bad, I guess we'll go to Forgans.

Kevin: Do you mean go the way tim said and then keep walking when I've reached the flags, or some where else?

I'll give out Karma to all when time allows (in order of replies, tim first). Thankyou everyone, you may have made it possible for us to catch our first fish (other than a dewie) at NP.

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

if u really really don't mind the walk, keep walking when u reached the no fishing flags and maybe 30 mins later u'll not be able to walk anymore for the steap bank..that's where the bass heaven is

i dont want to be a sook or anything but this is the sort of thing that will ruin the place for all of us

It's already in another post (Lucky New Rod), but I thought that it would be a good idea to put it up in this one. We went to the spot that Tim told us about and after a couple of cast, Jack caught this nice 47cm Yellowbelly. Nothing for the rest of the day, but this was the first ever lure caught fish for us from North Pine Dam. Was released after a few happy snaps.

Thanks for all your help.

[img size=374]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/21_10_07_1602_AFO-2c7197416c1c41e16e52633f9ab3a12a.jpg

post-320-144598429896_thumb.jpg

rayke1938 wrote:

With the new maps that they have put up I think that the permitted area now extends another 100 metres into the next bay past where the markers were.

I was told that they are going to move the markers can anyone confirm?

Cheers

Ray

Yeh that's right they have extended the flags from where they were about 100m

• 2 weeks later...

im a bit confused, im assuming 'forgans side' means forgans road side of the dam but what is mcgavins whereabouts is that and what type of fish (other than bass) is the dam good for and what bait or lure is best for results, cheers for any help as iv tried a few onshore spots around brissy and got nothing worth mentioning (used squid/ chook gut/ whiting fillets and worms) so this is kinda like my last resort before i get my boat.

Forgans side means \"Forgans Cove\" and McGavins View is just near the dam wall. Besides Bass, there are Yellowbelly (obviously), Eel-tailed Catties, some Saratoga, and other fish. Best bait seems to be live shrimp and best lures vary, but vibration lures like Jackall TN60's and Kokoda G-vibes work well, as well as spinnerbaits and soft plastics.

Here's a map. You can see Forgans cove and McGavin's view on it. If it is hard to see, here's the url: http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/images/Map_Samsonvale.jpg

[img size=335]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Map_Samsonvale_AFO.jpg

post-320-144598431047_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I went out to NPD for the first time and first freshwater trip saturday morning at 5:30am. After reading the thread the plan was to go to macgavins and walk away from the wall to the no fishing signs. I parked at macgavins and i could see a couple of people fishing on the point after the first bay. So I found the main walking track and walked along. I got around the first bay and came to a gate and a no fishing sign.

Are you allowed to fish that first point and beyond ? Would i have been better walking down to the water from the entry and walked the shore? Is there where previous people recomended ?

I walked back to the car park and noticed a fair few people fishing basically underneath where the bbq area is. I dont really feel like fishing around other people so i went back to the car and drove around to forgans cove. The cove itself looked pretty shallow so i walked over the hill on the side opposite the wall. It was pretty hard going with grass over head height and no much of a track. I fished there for an hour or so with no luck then came back and fished the cove for a little while.

Any help would be great. Im new to using lures and spinner baits so it would be great if someone could put me onto an area that holds fish to work on my technique.

im still duncing on bass at npd when i come down for christmas im planning on cleaning up there

I have caught one bass from npd

and generally if their is a no fishing sign it pretty much explains itself

though i dont know why there is so many area not permitted to fish is there pipelines or something?

Thanks for the replies. Im not to concerned about no fish that will come. It was good to get out there and explore and get a feel for the place. I just want to make sure im not fishing in restricted areas. After reading a few other threads i think im sorted.

Hahaha its a fake... but still try fishing round these flags. If you walk down from the McGavins View carpark you will get to a gate, do not follow the main path but take a hard left and walk down the bank to the waters edge. Walk away from the dam wall until you get to the flags and fish around this area. There is some deep water and a few submerged trees around this area which the bass tend to school around (in winter anyway). Good-Luck. [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/fishing_photos_130_AFO.jpg

post-919-144598434907_thumb.jpg

Archived