AFO Yak day?

Liquor Box

I have a desire to do that Bribie Passage trip still. Its just the logistics i dont have time deal with until after the Classic. With a big trip its best to set aside a date early.

SO if we want to aim for like Feb or something? Then the fishing will be great and it will be easier to organise...

Angus

Of course this does not stop someone doing something in teh meantime. I am only referring to me organing like an \"official\" AFO Yak day.

Maybe chuck something in the \"Going Fishing\" Or \"Fishing Events\" section and see what happens.

Angus

ellicat wrote:

Geez I find that (stinkboaters) an unnecessary and offensive term. :pinch:

Yea I would like to see them 'yak after 40hp of Merc has gone through the middle of their ship!

Nah, I would be in for a yak and a fish. Would have to aquire one from somewhere. Goddamn, here goes more money out of the account :blink:

bootyinblue wrote:

ellicat wrote:
Geez I find that (stinkboaters) an unnecessary and offensive term. :pinch:

Yea I would like to see them 'yak after 40hp of Merc has gone through the middle of their ship!

Nah, I would be in for a yak and a fish. Would have to aquire one from somewhere. Goddamn, here goes more money out of the account :blink:

If you want to loose some money to a yak, i can help you with that :P

Angus

World fastest reply hahahaha. Call it good service :P

If you ever want to borrow one to try out booty \"try before you buy style\" just let me know.

I thinks its already been mentioned as well, but there is an awesome new model coming out specifically designed for fishing.

Angus

Angus wrote:

Back to the topic though.

Would anyone be interested in a larger style AFO Yak day? Next Feb? Even March? Give me some time to think and plan.

Angus

sounds good, but it needs to be easy to get to for everyone, maybe the river??? could run with the tide both ways and cover a lot of ground

Yeah i agree.

Or a lake trip.

Lakes are awesome for New and experienced Yakkers.

What if we teed something up with the cabins where Steve Wilkes stays for his Hinze Dam Charter trips..?

Or Camp at Somerset.

Or if everyone is only keen for salt, camp at one of the saltwater lakes at Noosa...

Sorry just throwing some ideas out there.

Angus

Feral wrote:

Up at Baroon today, it is full, and bewdiful at the moment. Be a good option for the yakkers to have a meet and greet. Also sign at Maleny end say it is now open 5:30 to 7:30.

Bit weird using a boat ramp only 10 foot long after Awoonga though!

Does anyone know any camping spots neat the dam? baroon pocket that is?

Angus

Angus wrote:

Yeah i agree.

Or a lake trip.

Lakes are awesome for New and experienced Yakkers.

What if we teed something up with the cabins where Steve Wilkes stays for his Hinze Dam Charter trips..?

Or Camp at Somerset.

Or if everyone is only keen for salt, camp at one of the saltwater lakes at Noosa...

Sorry just throwing some ideas out there.

Angus

I reckon salt would be the go ... more likely to be able to eat the fish that we catch!

You know their is camping at MissionPoint it has toilets(which is close to the donnybrook and glass mountain creek area) on Bribie and their is also Limepocket which doesnt have toilets and its close to the Coochin, Hussey and the other couple of creeks that are near it. They all dont really have a channel so boat access is pretty small apart from coochin.

These are all $3 per person pernight and can be booked online.

Archived