Radio license

ryno1983

I'm not sure if there is a spectrum management agency office in brissy but they're the ones to see about all radio licenes,being an x sydney sider there had to be the correct license, 27 meg hf, 447 meg uhf , no tests just a fee lol was $30.00 wonder where i put that linear amp :P

Dont think that you would ever be fined they do not have the staff to do any regulatory duties.

Just try to get them to investigate a interference problem. If you are lucky and very persistent you may get a result within a year if it is near a capital city. In the country - well just dont bother.

Ray

Now why not get a license.

Then there is no problems if somebody does ask.

for the sake of the cost (not much) you learn good radio practise. you get an understanding of emergency procedures.

I assume some of the cost goes to the VMR that you get your license from

The license is there for a reason, dont cut corners.

Good words Shortie.I agree with you. I do not have a license as up untill now I have never had a radio in my boat. My current hydrofield has a radio in it but when I turned it on it remained silent and I have never bothered with it and will probably pull it out as the aerial is a nuisance and gets in the way. All my fishing is inshore and I rely on my mobile phone.

Cheers

Ray

Ray

I have one and i got mine from a Radio course at Morton Bay boat Club Scarborough. Can't remember the cost but remember the MF/HF radio part of the course was something to remember. :S Just the call frequencies were a challenge for me.. now i have them written down.. eg: 2182 4125 :S 6215 8291 12290 16420 :blink: and you have to remember them for the course

So in short i think if you went to your local vmr or boat club they will help you part with some of your cash and take your good memory with you to the course. :huh: :huh:

rumrunner wrote:

just use it! and if and when you get in trouble, play dumb!

Have to agree that licensing and regulation is there for a reason. Doesnt sound like much of a price to learn how to use it properly anyhow.

And yea, playing dumb doesnt cut it with me. Ignorance of the law is not an accepted exculpation or defence.

bootyinblue wrote:

rumrunner wrote:
just use it! and if and when you get in trouble, play dumb!

Have to agree that licensing and regulation is there for a reason. Doesnt sound like much of a price to learn how to use it properly anyhow.

And yea, playing dumb doesnt cut it with me. Ignorance of the law is not an accepted exculpation or defence.

sorry mate it was only a joke :silly:

i dont even own one ! so dont get your nikkers in a knot!;)

Archived