Plans For Weekend Moreton Bay Saturday 15 September

Poddymullet

Got the boat back and the repair job looks awesome and heading OS next week so only tomorrow to fish...Sunday looks ordinary. 

So it looks like there are some Tuna still around (thanks to @Luvit's report 🙂 ) but only have a short time tomorrow morning before getting ready for the boss's birthday. 

I should be launching Scarbs around 545 and plan to head either between Cape Moreton and Bribie starting around Yellow Patch, or do some Beacon bashing in the North or start at the Nautical mile and head north...

Weather looks pretty bloody fantastic 

On 14/09/2018 at 8:53 PM, Poddymullet said:

Got the boat back and the repair job looks awesome and heading OS next week so only tomorrow to fish...Sunday looks ordinary. 

So it looks like there are some Tuna still around (thanks to @Luvit's report 🙂 ) but only have a short time tomorrow morning before getting ready for the boss's birthday. 

I should be launching Scarbs around 545 and plan to head either between Cape Moreton and Bribie starting around Yellow Patch, or do some Beacon bashing in the North or start at the Nautical mile and head north...

Weather looks pretty bloody fantastic 

Nice one mate. Did you get out? Any luck?

@Drop Bear started a bit later ... kids wanted to have breakfast together 😜 so actually got on the water just after 8. Was turning into a beautiful day as I headed to north...stopped just in line with Woorim and the Cape cause there was heaps on the sounder (just before the shipping passage). Nothing biting as I was drifting although found some interesting structure with peaks etc but didn't get any hits. Tuna I think started blowing up around 50meters around the boat but no birds...tried casting into them but couldn't close and that's when the first 'WTF' moment occurred as I started the motor and went to chase them only for it to stall about 15 seconds later, cranked it again and it went for 5 seconds then died. Was thinking this doesn't make sense at all..fuel full, duel batteries should be fully topped up with the drive out from scarbs. Wondered if the fuel line might have come off etc but all good. So tried hand pumping the fuel just in case...seemed like the line was empty. Cranked it over and it started for a bit then died. Repeating this a couple of times and then it finally decided to keep going. Turned the boat around and headed in just case ... but decided to stop a couple of times along the way. No probs this time...

No fish but it was a great day but back at by midday in time to wash the boat, and the bosses car and do some other odds n ends around the house...

Now I just need to figure out what the problem was 

48 minutes ago, Poddymullet said:

@Drop Bear started a bit later ... kids wanted to have breakfast together 😜 so actually got on the water just after 8. Was turning into a beautiful day as I headed to north...stopped just in line with Woorim and the Cape cause there was heaps on the sounder (just before the shipping passage). Nothing biting as I was drifting although found some interesting structure with peaks etc but didn't get any hits. Tuna I think started blowing up around 50meters around the boat but no birds...tried casting into them but couldn't close and that's when the first 'WTF' moment occurred as I started the motor and went to chase them only for it to stall about 15 seconds later, cranked it again and it went for 5 seconds then died. Was thinking this doesn't make sense at all..fuel full, duel batteries should be fully topped up with the drive out from scarbs. Wondered if the fuel line might have come off etc but all good. So tried hand pumping the fuel just in case...seemed like the line was empty. Cranked it over and it started for a bit then died. Repeating this a couple of times and then it finally decided to keep going. Turned the boat around and headed in just case ... but decided to stop a couple of times along the way. No probs this time...

No fish but it was a great day but back at by midday in time to wash the boat, and the bosses car and do some other odds n ends around the house...

Now I just need to figure out what the problem was 

Sorry to hear that mate. Have a quick look at your battery terminals and check they are tight. 

On 17/09/2018 at 5:41 PM, straddiebrad said:

unlucky mate sounds like you may have a hair line crack in the line some where causing the fuel to drain back in the tank if the bulb is not staying primed.

yeah I reckon my luck with this boat might be running out already 😛 have got it going back to the dealer tomorrow for a check ... still under the 6 month warranty so hopefully it's something simple, or not but either way get's fixed! 

will let you know how it goes ... 

11 hours ago, Poddymullet said:

yeah I reckon my luck with this boat might be running out already 😛 have got it going back to the dealer tomorrow for a check ... still under the 6 month warranty so hopefully it's something simple, or not but either way get's fixed! 

will let you know how it goes ... 

I like learning new ways boats can break down. So I can fix it with duct tape like usual :frantics: 

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/10/2018 at 2:29 PM, Poddymullet said:

Sorry took a while to get everything sorted...

Got the boat back last week. Brisbane Yamaha said they had found a pin prick sized hole in the pump ... fixed it all free of charge (still under 6 month warranty). 

Heading out tomorrow .. first time since this report! 

How did you go? I love reading your reports. 🙂 How have you found Brisbane Yamaha? Did you get a quintrex? 

Archived