Out There Fishing Charter 18th November 2007

Angus

Angus wrote:

AZZA wrote:
Sorry to here of your trip not being to good , but that is why I stoped useing charters & got my own boat . And I'am with rumrunner get our own boats together for a meet & greet & do some fishing.Trouble is every weekend till xmass is booked up except the 16th I think.

Yeah good call.

My favourite trips so far have been the Pin Trip, Somerset Dam trip and Wello trip which have all been just BYo boat days :)

Angus

Hohoho - He scores an 83cm snapper and doesn't rate the Noosa trip...some people are hard to please:laugh: :laugh:

Just kidding - I know what you're saying.

There's still definitely a place in the future to do a charter again though - yesterday had all the right ingredients to be a great day - we just came up unlucky to draw outthere charters on a low ebb of giving a $hit imo.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AZZA wrote:

Last I heard he had retired from charters,don't know if boat is still operating though.

I thought so too but a guy with one leg brought a bunch of people in this morning in his boat. Didn't see them unloading fish. He might just do sightseeing now but his boat still says \"sportfishing Adventures\"

I have a feeling my parents might be organising a trip out with him when my Grandpa comes up to visit. That would be so awesome. Hope he still does fishing Charters.

shortie wrote:

Ok my turn now.

Points that annoyed me in order 1 being the worst.

1. Lack of co.....

4. No GPS

A coutersy phone call the day beore from the skipper informing us that his GPS wasnt working and giving us the choice of cancelling. Its not like it stopped working whilst we were onboard as that could of been forgiven. Also autopiolot not working because its connected to GPS. [b]When the skipper did leave the helm to help out on the deck it was briefly as the boat wanted to go around in circles.

Richard.

shortie, that was probably me driving us around in circles:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :unsure: :blush:

Hey Guys well it took me over 1/2 hour to read of this, seemingly dissapointing fishing trip, Might i add this is a fishing website run and used by many Brisbane members, I think you guys have the right to talk about and even rate anything fishing in Brisbane. Well done!!! I thought i might add, Someone mentioned Reel easy fishing off scarborough, and can i say as someone who has been on many diffrent charters(nearly all of them) from north and south coast as well as Brisbane I thought this was a pretty poor charter,

-Skipper ok

-Deckies very inexperianced(poor)

-Boat good

-Fishing ok

-Gear ok

-Attitude poor

-Kept UNDERSIZED fish! when questioned the response was. \"You know we need to take fish home everyone needs to have a feed so we look good!\"

So as a Brisbane fisho i would'nt recomend Reel easy fishing either. Thx for my 2 cents

i too have had a bad experience with reel easy. it was a work sponsored day charter where myself and one other were the only ones who knew anything at all about fishing, i think the skipper picked up on this and took advantage of it. pulling up over baron ground with no visible structure on the sounder, dropped the pick and refused to move for 4 hours. very inexperienced crew, fish recognition was non-existent. that day one just legal squire was boated and a heap of grinners and pike for live bait which we were forbidden to use, i'm guessing they were kept alive for the next day. they're just lucky it didn't come out of my pocket or they would have got an earful.

buzz.

bah humbug bad ces to the operator

worst charter i've ever been on as far as quality and service go

i worked charter boats in my youth and we couldn't have even imagined doing something like that

someone suggested we mutiny and i take over........ pity we didn't [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/gold_coast_charter001_AFO.jpg

post-422-144598433153_thumb.jpg

shortie wrote:

This thread will set a new record, its nearly hit the top 10 threads already only been going a day.

over 1100 hits already. Seems everyone likes bad news:blink:

Do the top forum posts and random forum posts show up for you on the right hand side? I cant see them and havn't been able to for the past 2mnths.

Fisher_90 wrote:

shortie wrote:
This thread will set a new record, its nearly hit the top 10 threads already only been going a day.

over 1100 hits already. Seems everyone likes bad news:blink:

Do the top forum posts and random forum posts show up for you on the right hand side? I cant see them and havn't been able to for the past 2mnths.

If you go to the forum home page, right down the bottom there is a link saying \"More About Stats\". Click on that and it has a few things. Including the top forum posts.

Did anyone else notice that the captain \"washed\" his hands in the bait bucket, wiped them with the filthy towel on the bait board, THEN proceeded to handle all the meat that went onto the BBQ?:angry:

If I hadn't been so damn hungry...perhaps most of the cases of sea sickness on his charters are actually food poisoning!:silly:

I'm hoping that the raw meat left over from our charter wasn't saved for the next one...it sat in the heat for at least an hour. :ohmy:

No worries Chub, we can catch up next time...and hopefully catch some fish too!:woohoo:

Kath was feeling pretty crook for most of the day, so she might not have been much of a conversationalist anyway, poor girl.

She did well not to spew, and no whinging either...gotta love her:kiss: .

I don't think she'll be too keen for a charter in the near future, not one with an early morning start anyway :angry: ...needs her sleep my girl :) .

Rocket

chubbstar wrote:

The meat we had was the meat from Saturdays charter. Thats why it was Marinated:blink:

Jeff/Shortie how was the fish I gave you 2? Have you guys eaten them yet?;)

Oh and sorry Rocket I didnt get to say g'day to you or your wife:blush: Next time mate I'll talk ya ears off:laugh:

Jaysoon

Pan fried snapper. YUm. Thaks mate it was delicious. Karma to ya.

FYI. I have started sorting out my car crap. The security firm are not cooperating so I have gone over them to Fishero's management, whom at this stage are willing to work with me to sort out the crap.

Once I finsh smashing these meatheads do we want to go the charter boat? I was thinking what will he offer and what will we claim? At best we could look forward to another charter at a reduced rate but I don't think anyone would want to go on board.

We could get the authorities to mess with his operation, so at least the safety issues would be addressed but what would that achieve for AFO members?

What's the majority of thoughts? Do we want revenege or do we shake the dust of our feet and walk away?

Brian D wrote:

We could get the authorities to mess with his operation, so at least the safety issues would be addressed but what would that achieve for AFO members?

If they are negligent in providing water and safety briefing then they deserve to get shut down. It's unlikely, but what if the motors and radio failed and you were stuck out there for days in the hot sun and no water?

What if someone fell overboard and no one could swim?

Were you shown where the life jackets were?

I'd say you guys are almost morally obliged to report them if it was that bad.

I am glad you are starting to get your car stuff sorted. Me personally, I am not concerned about a replacement charter or even recouping any costs however i think there is a need to prevent operators (out there charters) taking peoples money in the future and possibly endangering lives in the process.

Brian D wrote:

Once I finsh smashing these meatheads do we want to go the charter boat? I was thinking what will he offer and what will we claim? At best we could look forward to another charter at a reduced rate but I don't think anyone would want to go on board.

What's the majority of thoughts? Do we want revenege or do we shake the dust of our feet and walk away?

Brian, I have already drafted up a letter to the owners. As I posted previously its from us and not the AFO site, so send me your email address and will send you off a copy to look at and add to..

Brian D wrote:

FYI. I have started sorting out my car crap. The security firm are not cooperating so I have gone over them to Fishero's management, whom at this stage are willing to work with me to sort out the crap.

I reckon send him the letter outlining the concerns of the guys that went on the charter. See what the response is.

This response will determine the next course of action. If he basically tells us to go suck eggs then bring it on. IF he is nice and polite and accomodating then take him for his word.

Screwing around with someones livlihood is not a path im willing to take. Chalk it up to a bad experience and move on. Word of mouth about how bad our experience was is good enough for me.

Richard

not that i want to stand up for that poor excuse for a skipper but he did tell us where the life jakets were it had to be the biggest piss take of a safety speach ive evere had to listen to though normally ive switched off half way through and im imagining the first fish with him i just thought shit that was quick ooh well who cares :silly:

faulked wrote:

not that i want to stand up for that poor excuse for a skipper but he did tell us where the life jakets were it had to be the biggest piss take of a safety speach ive evere had to listen to though normally ive switched off half way through and im imagining the first fish with him i just thought shit that was quick ooh well who cares :silly:

Haha - good point faulked.

As I remember it he said \"The life jackets are in behind there\" ...I don't know where he pointed though:blink:

Brian D wrote:

chubbstar wrote:
:woohoo: THIS HAPPEND AFTER THE CHARTER, IN THE CAR PARK!!:angry: [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Fishing_charter_029_AFO.jpg

BTW did anyone see exactly who did what to my car? Did a security guard bash someone into it or what happened? I would be gratefull for any assistance.

Please leave a comment or email me at bdbooks@msn.com if you have anything that would help me to tag the right person.

The deckie was the only smart one, he didn't show up.

Bump for Booty

Archived