Pedestal Seat In Plywood Floor

Towknee

https://www.arnoldsboatshop.com.au/waverider-socket-pedestal.html

Ive got a 4.8m tiller steer open tinny. I bought two seats to put on the back bench seat.

Turns out I can only fit the drivers seat as the other interferes with the tiller.

Do you Think the 19mm ply floor handle the pedestal I’ve attached? 

Happy for suggestions. On getting a few more seats in the boat. 

Thanks Ellicat,

I keep thinking of upgrading to a Quintrex 460 renegade, one day 🙂
But this one does the job for now. I do like the tiller steer as I can watch everyone in the boat & it has plenty of floor space. But long runs in the bay in the cold, makes me wish I had a different set up!

I put in a new switchboard earlier this year. Took advantage of it and made a mounting board out of HDPE plastic and relocated the ignition switch. Which has helped tidy it up. Need to neaten up the wiring As a few have fallen down. 

Thanks for that. Will still put in one pedestal seat to try and save my Dads back when he come along. 

Along with  a cushion on the passenger side of the back bench seat will do the trick. 

On a side note, got the boat ready yesterday to take the family out. Was going to muck around on a few yabby banks in the passage. Didn't anticipate the rain! Another weekend without putting the boat in the water. 

343B5BC8-0F94-4887-8BBB-D4336BCD8EBC.png

On 27/06/2020 at 9:26 PM, ellicat said:

I reckon it would work. To make it less likely to pull the screws you could use bolts right through and use a washer on the underside.

I'd probably go one step further and create a base plate out of some aluminium. Drill the holes in the base plate for the required positions , bolt the pedestal seat through and fasten the base plate on the underside with nuts and washers.

The metal plate will help spread the load across the plywood. The washers unless they are large diameter washers might still dig through plywood over time.

• 2 weeks later...