Brisbane River Session #64, #65, #66, #67, And #68!!!

AUS-BNE-FISHO

8 hours ago, GregOug said:

Wow! Plenty of good results there, Hamish. Well done! Just a little note. I think the word you meant immediately before the first picture of a shark is ‘Phew’, not ‘Few’. 
cheers

Greg

Hi Greg

Thanks! Yep, that's also correct.

7 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

Good job on the sharks those sinkers you use are giant but I can imagine the current would be very strong in the Brisbane river 

Thanks Breaming with bro, the sinkers are big but I like using them at around the size 6 size as they hold the bottom better. 🙂 

4 hours ago, Kat said:

Awesome Hamish.  I am going to try my local estuary with some eel soon!

4 hours ago, Kat said:

How big were the herring that caught the bullies?

Hi Kat

Good luck! The herring we around the 10-15cm mark. Anything smaller and I find it doesn't entice the bullies.

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Great to see all the bullies mate. I'm glad you are catching them and not being the victim of bullies...

How fast was the "Shooting Star"? Im betting it was a jet stream from a plane as I have seen the same thing and made the same assumption. Still really cool to see that back lit by the sun like that.  

Anyway thanks for the reports. I am looking forward to seeing all the fish you catch up at Yeppoon. 

3 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Great to see all the bullies mate. I'm glad you are catching them and not being the victim of bullies...

How fast was the "Shooting Star"? Im betting it was a jet stream from a plane as I have seen the same thing and made the same assumption. Still really cool to see that back lit by the sun like that.  

Anyway thanks for the reports. I am looking forward to seeing all the fish you catch up at Yeppoon. 

Hey Robbie

Haha, yeah, same here. I had a couple close calls with them. They are sure feisty! 

The 'Shooting Star' probably was a jet plane. I just liked the look of it so called it that. It was there for about a minute. I hope I can please you and not just come back with some donut stories. 😛 

1 hour ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Awesome work Hamish, the new shark king! So much fun. I think you're setting high standards if catching 3 bullies land-based is only rated 65% ........  Oh and I think you could call your new PB a solid 85cm looking at the photo 🙂.

Hi Kelvin

Thanks for that - they were good fun. Alright maybe it could've been a 75% success rate - they are good fun but get a bit tireless when you're trying to get something else (I'll admit I did try and catch them though, you can't complain about their sporting abilities).  I'll make it an 85cm shark for good measure. 😉 

22 minutes ago, Another Wazza said:

Hamish, you shall now be referred to as “the shark whisperer “, good work man.

Thank you Wazza, hopefully it will stay like this for a while!

8 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Top reports and fishing, Hamish. I'm with Kelvin - 65% ??? I'd be way happier than that.

What's in the tree pic ?

Hi Brian

Thank you, I suppose it should've been higher. The tree pic is just what I saw when I looked up so I took a photo of it. Good job if you spot anything out of the ordinary though, haha.

Cheers Hamish 🙂