Under The Thumb

Was all ready to go out and chase squire and maybe a jew when my deckie  called and said sorry mate wife doesn't think it's a good idea with the lightning . Called another mate and he said wife said not tonight. So I started thinking are these guys serious or did they marry their mums. I thought wife's would appreciate the peace and quiet for a few hours.i think I need new deckies.. I mentioned this to my wife and she started giggling and said imagine spending 24 /7  together we wouldn't have anything to talk about .

FB_IMG_1579777362943.jpg

4 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Bugger.

Solo mission not an option ?

I should have gone but I ended up getting a call from another mate by the time he got off the phone it was 1030 so I just started doing the invoices so our admin girls Monday morning isn't  to hectic.

59 minutes ago, Junky said:

My wife tells me to go fishing. 

I got sick of cancellations years ago so I fish mostly solo these days. Very enjoyable. 

If someone is coming with me then it's a certain time at my house or the ramp, and I stress on being punctual. I don't wait around for slackers. 

My wife reakons if I don't go fishing atleast once a week I get my man period , she also revealed last night she knows what I spend on gear because I leave my receipts in my console in my jeep , but she doesn't care because it's my hobby. It's times like these you appreciate your wife's not a control freak

3 hours ago, Sneaky1 said:

My wife reakons if I don't go fishing atleast once a week I get my man period , she also revealed last night she knows what I spend on gear because I leave my receipts in my console in my jeep , but she doesn't care because it's my hobby. It's times like these you appreciate your wife's not a control freak

My wife's the same. We were lucky to strike gold I reckon.

11 minutes ago, ellicat said:

My wife's the same. We were lucky to strike gold I reckon.

Yeah ellicat , very lucky , some blokes have to explain themselves and justify a $20 lure. I thought I'd have some grief when I bought the Suzuki but she loved it. She hasn't changed a bit since we were in high school she's good old chook . 

3 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

I have a bear suit under my normal clothes... 

Yeah both my daughter's keep pointing out how much hair I have in my ears but I'm not a sook and if you can't have a giggle at yourself theres something wrong

20 minutes ago, Ed. said:

Wifey keeps threatening to use the whipper snipper on me to give me a good session of deforestation to get rid of the overgrowth so to speak, speaking of the wifey, she just completed her Zumba instructors course so I can now officially say that I am married to a Zumba instructor!🤣

What's Zumba Ed ? is that like yoga ?

44 minutes ago, Ed. said:

Wifey keeps threatening to use the whipper snipper on me to give me a good session of deforestation to get rid of the overgrowth so to speak, speaking of the wifey, she just completed her Zumba instructors course so I can now officially say that I am married to a Zumba instructor!🤣

What's Zumba Ed ? is that like yoga ?

2 hours ago, Ed. said:

Exercising to dance moves with a latin flavour.

Here is a link to the first clip session I found on Youtube:

Wow that looks more like torture than exercise  Ed ,  if I walk Chopper for more than 45 minutes I think I'm an olympian

It's quite strenuous but all the women that I have spoken to really enjoy it hence the smiles on their faces, and if the missus  likes it then who am I to argue, she has been doing it for about 10-15 years, I would be lucky to survive  a minute at that pace, in fact I barely survive just going to the gym a few times a week.

2 hours ago, Ed. said:

It's quite strenuous but all the women that I have spoken to really enjoy it hence the smiles on their faces, and if the missus  likes it then who am I to argue, she has been doing it for about 10-15 years, I would be lucky to survive  a minute at that pace, in fact I barely survive just going to the gym a few times a week.

Be careful Ed that looks more like a ninja training camp , smiling assassin's.  I won't be showing my wife that video the rolling pin is scary enough

No problem on that part, I know what I was getting myself in for, as we met at my friends karate school where she was learning and I was a visiting instructor. 😉. When I came back to live permanently in Vic from WA a year later,  we started going out and then married, that was 33 years. So still alive, must be doing something right!🥰

As for the rolling pin, keep making comments like that to her sister and your more at risk than me, they could gang up on you and club you into submision.🤣

15 minutes ago, Ed. said:

No problem on that part, I know what I was getting myself in for, as we met at my friends karate school where she was learning and I was a visiting instructor. 😉. When I came back to live permanently in Vic from WA a year later,  we started going out and then married, that was 33 years. So still alive, must be doing something right!🥰

As for the rolling pin, keep making comments like that to her sister and your more at risk than me, they could gang up on you and club you into submision.🤣

Haha I could write a book about things I've said to her sister , my favourite one was when she asked my youngest daughter if she thought her fake tan was orange or brown. I cut in with doesn't matter it's still not hiding the hail damage. I really don't like her much at all.

On 07/12/2020 at 1:46 PM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Well this thread has basically determined what type of woman I need to marry 🤣

Cheers Hamish 

So I take it you will be chasing a youngish Zumba instructor who has her own 35ft boat, loves fishing and who will buy you all the reels and fishing gear you want, as well as take you out fishing when ever you want? 🤣