Rous with Leo 8/12/20 & Kat 10/12/20

ellicat

3 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

At least it wasn’t a donut @ellicat. Did you try trolling for the macs? Lucky you got out at all today - weather looks a bit ordinary for the next week.

There was a large bunch of birds working the water on the way home that we trolled a slug through without success. Main focus was on the conditions though. Some big shows on the sounder.

I reckon there's a window on Thursday morning until about 1. I have an appointment with the dentist Thursday. 😉

5 minutes ago, ellicat said:

There was a large bunch of birds working the water on the way home that we trolled a slug through without success. Main focus was on the conditions though. Some big shows on the sounder.

I reckon there's a window on Thursday morning until about 1. I have an appointment with the dentist Thursday. 😉

I got a little bit interested in a quick fish Thursday morning until I realised that I already had commitments. I wouldn’t be surprised if that weather window closed as well. Just have to be patient I guess.

15 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Might visit the Pin Thursday if the Bay looks too risky. You up for a tag-along (if your commitments can be deferred) ?

Nah, sorry mate. Can’t make it out this week at all. I am keen to get back there though and it is a good spot for a 2 or 3 boat tag along so let’s keep an eye out for opportunities in the coming weeks.

5 minutes ago, jon said:

Oh well at least you got out and got a feed sux about the weather though. In my opinion the bom wind model is far more accurate than willy weather and sea breeze. Worth checking out if you don’t use it already. I little bit annoying to navigate but far more accurate

http://www.bom.gov.au/marine/wind.shtml

Yes, thanks Sef. I use both Meteye (BOM) and Willy to get a feel. Today's feel just wasn't quite on song.

1 minute ago, ellicat said:

Yes, thanks Sef. I use both Meteye (BOM) and Willy to get a feel. Today's feel just wasn't quite on song.

Yeah it’s a weird one even though they come from the same site met eye often reads different to the marine wind model which makes no sense as they are both from bom. I guess they give us a few options in the hopes they get one right😂

3 hours ago, ellicat said:

I’m in. The dentist knows his stuff! Besides he launches and retrieves the boat for you!

4 hours ago, GregOug said:

I’m in. The dentist knows his stuff! Besides he launches and retrieves the boat for you!

Okay Good Sir, at this stage (and subject to a possible change of plan tomorrow) we're going to hit the Rous Channel again. Leaving Manly at 6 (arrive 5.45). We have to be back no later than 12.45pm though. We can meet at the ramp or on the water near the Lockyer Light if you like. I'll be on Ch20.

If we go to the Pin, we'll be leaving from Jacob's Well at a different time that I haven't figured yet. haha

32 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Okay Good Sir, at this stage (and subject to a possible change of plan tomorrow) we're going to hit the Rous Channel again. Leaving Manly at 6 (arrive 5.45). We have to be back no later than 12.45pm though. We can meet at the ramp or on the water near the Lockyer Light if you like. I'll be on Ch20.

If we go to the Pin, we'll be leaving from Jacob's Well at a different time that I haven't figured yet. haha

Okay. Well, I would be leaving from POB as usual and probably heading to Green, so not sure we can pass baits to each other. But I will try to remember to turn the radio on, and if I do, will turn it to channel 20. If either of us are in danger of sinking due to the weight of fish we can message the other for help. How does that sound? 

8 hours ago, GregOug said:

Okay. Well, I would be leaving from POB as usual and probably heading to Green, so not sure we can pass baits to each other. But I will try to remember to turn the radio on, and if I do, will turn it to channel 20. If either of us are in danger of sinking due to the weight of fish we can message the other for help. How does that sound? 

Sounds very fair. Of course we can always call each other on the mobile telephones as well.

5 minutes ago, ellicat said:

It is great to be using it. I just cracked 100 hours.

As a point of interest, I have averaged 6.43 litres per hour.

PS Thanks for your report to moderator yesterday. haha

if you are going to go to Jacob's early tomorrow would you mind if I come along for a quick fish in the morning? I need to be back pretty early but could squeeze in a quick fish. 

21 hours ago, ellicat said:

So where are you going? Jacobs or Rous?

We're hitting the Rous. Forecast on BoM Meteye, BoM Marine Weather, Willy Weather and Seabreeze all have it sub 10 knots until at least 2pm by which time we will be back at the ramp.

Change of plans sees my appointment with the tooth doctor deferred to the next good weather day. @Katis coming along now.

What time are you launching, @GregOug ?

2 hours ago, ellicat said:

We're hitting the Rous. Forecast on BoM Meteye, BoM Marine Weather, Willy Weather and Seabreeze all have it sub 10 knots until at least 2pm by which time we will be back at the ramp.

Change of plans sees my appointment with the tooth doctor deferred to the next good weather day. @Katis coming along now.

What time are you launching, @GregOug ?

We probably won’t launch until 7:15 or so. The tides aren’t really right to warrant an early launch. 

The Rous wasn't giving up much today. We were getting pickered and landing some unders squire, no macks under the floats either. @Katlanded a large pike which we deployed on the mack line. It got attacked by a mack but no hookup. In the meantime I landed a PB schoolie at 74cm on my new combo. Happy with that. Kat landed a squid which was also deployed on her mack setup, replacing the half mangled  pike.

The wind started to freshen so checked and it had jumped up to 14 knots. @GregOugwas at Green so got a weather update for there and he said it had just started to pick up.  We decided to head for Green, but when we got there the wind was 16 and the waves were uncomfortable with plenty of whitecaps so we just headed in early.

Kat has a pic of the mack, but this is all I took.

20201210_110542.thumb.jpg.a779e7684929d158a7b97ca1c7223afe.jpg

I hope you enjoyed your day at work, Wazza. 😛