Brisbane River Session #95, #96, #97, #98, #99, #100, #101, #102, and #103!

AUS-BNE-FISHO

20 hours ago, Angry51 said:

Great report/s Hamish.

BUT,, couldn't download your pic's.

It's all your fault.🤣

Hey Angry

Thanks, haha, hopefully you'll be able to see them soon.

20 hours ago, Ed. said:

Hi Hamish, No pics for me either.

Thanks for letting me know Ed.

19 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Holy dooley Hamish, that is not a report, it is a novel. Pics don’t work for me either.

Haha, cheers Steve. Hmm, were you viewing on a computer or a phone/Ipad? Maybe it is something to do with the type of device? Because I can see pics fine on my computer but not on my phone.

18 hours ago, GregN70 said:

Slaying the catfish there Hamish. The new catfish whisperer.

One day it will be the thready whisperer (I hope 😉)

13 hours ago, Another Wazza said:

Epic bunch of reports there Hamish, no pics to accompany the story though ☹️

Thanks Wazza. Ugh, it must've been boring with no pics.

7 hours ago, GregOug said:

Video worked for me but pics don’t.

OK Greg 👍.

So maybe it was something to do with browser type, or device? I could see pics in Google Chrome but not on Safari?

Cheers Hamish

Hi Hamish,

Yes I can see this last picture, and the final video on the main post.  None of the earlier pics though.

I really appreciate your reports showing your honest success rate with shore-based fishing.  Across 9 sessions, with multiple lines each time, you only got 1 bream and a couple of perch (plus undesirables like catties and eels).  Still more that I get!!

While I don't doubt the veracity of reports on here where blokes catch a dozen beautiful fish to take home (from a boat, always), this does not seem to be the norm, either on boats or the shore.  Reports like yours give a much better idea of what to expect.  Good on you for taking the time to report.

Cheers

On 22/06/2021 at 8:13 AM, Franz said:

Hi Hamish,

Yes I can see this last picture, and the final video on the main post.  None of the earlier pics though.

I really appreciate your reports showing your honest success rate with shore-based fishing.  Across 9 sessions, with multiple lines each time, you only got 1 bream and a couple of perch (plus undesirables like catties and eels).  Still more that I get!!

While I don't doubt the veracity of reports on here where blokes catch a dozen beautiful fish to take home (from a boat, always), this does not seem to be the norm, either on boats or the shore.  Reports like yours give a much better idea of what to expect.  Good on you for taking the time to report.

Cheers

Hey Franz

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed reading them! Land based fishing can be very hit and miss, and even after a lot of trial and error I still wonder why the fish were not biting some days.

If you put the effort in with techniques and persistence, you will eventually get the rewards. 🙂 

23 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

They sure do. Thanks for fixing. 

A few nice fish there mate. You will need to learn how to fillet the catfish. They are delicious BTW. 🙂

All good. OK, I will take a catfish home and feed it to my mate Sam. If he doesn’t like it then I’m not eating it 😂.

10 minutes ago, christophagus said:

catfish spot X! do you ever run a paternoster rig to try and get away form the catty vermin?

Hey Chris

Nope, not normally. I've tried it before and to be honest, I've never noticed a catch difference. You've really just got to have good baits at this spot and normally the catfish will leave you alone (especially with live mullet, herring, and other live fish... not so much prawns though).

Hamish