The 4 new reels by shimano

Brodie_S

Later this arvo/night  Shimano are releasing new gear fortunately for me I know Japan already done a release on their gear and I already the know the 4 spinning reels that will be coming to stores in Australia soon . 

1 new sustain 

2 new nasci

3 new spheros 

4 new nexave 

still have no idea on prices though and better info will come out tonight 

2 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

so how did you go? Got any more info? 

So far I’ve found out the nasci has 5+1 bearings it looks a lot better then the nasci FB and the new nasci (nasci FC) is silver and has a screw in the handle like the Stradic FK or Stradic ci4+FB a screw in with a hinge . If they keep it the same price which I think they will it will be a decent upgrade from the previous nasci im pretty sure it has a gear upgrade to I think the gear upgrade is a worm gear oscillation system now instead of the locko motive level wind system that was in the previous nasci although this is not confirmed yet overall pretty decent upgrade

. The new nexave is pretty much a upgraded sienna FG unfortunately the new nexave range only goes up to a 5000 no bigger 8000 size reels that was found in the previous series . The nexave features the same gearing system found in the sienna FG has the same ball bearing count but has a non plastic drag knob which is sealed a slightly better drag upgrade to .the handle is the same as the sienna FG but has the same knob as the Stradic the new nexave is also a black and blue reel .overall pretty decent upgrade and would pay the extra $20 for it over the sienna the new nexave looks like it would be good enough for regular lure fishing to. 

the new sustain is black and gold has 8+1 ball bearings and basically is a slight upgrade from the vanford has all the new silent drive and mirco module And the rest of new technology’s found in the new Stradic/vanford range . It’s basically like when the Stradic FK and Stradic Ci4+FB came out the sustain come out .slightly better then the Stradic series it’s the same case here with the new Stradic/vanford range although it’s a big upgrade from the 2016 models .

and finally Shimano brought out another spheros and exsence which I don’t know much about but I assume they are similar reels to their older model just with all the new tech and maybe a added ball bearing or weight reduction or maybe more seals or water protection 

On 22/07/2021 at 6:14 PM, Breaming with bro said:

The new sustain is black and gold has 8+1 ball bearings and basically is a slight upgrade from the vanford has all the new silent drive and mirco module And the rest of new technology’s found in the new Stradic/vanford range . It’s basically like when the Stradic FK and Stradic Ci4+FB came out the sustain come out .slightly better then the Stradic series it’s the same case here with the new Stradic/vanford range although it’s a big upgrade from the 2016 models .

So like previous models, it's a dressed up stradic (this time FL) and an extra bearing? (oop, this time 2 extra!)

I have no doubt Shimano will be sure to charge an extra $50-100 a pop for the visual pleasure.  😜

My first foray into Sustains was the one before FG, then owned a few FGs for a  while before wondering why I bothered over a stradic. Sold them all to shift to Stradic FLs which feel better. Now it just seems like the Stradics offer way better value for money. 

12 hours ago, Terry H said:

So like previous models, it's a dressed up stradic (this time FL) and an extra bearing? (oop, this time 2 extra!)

I have no doubt Shimano will be sure to charge an extra $50-100 a pop for the visual pleasure.  😜

My first foray into Sustains was the one before FG, then owned a few FGs for a  while before wondering why I bothered over a stradic. Sold them all to shift to Stradic FLs which feel better. Now it just seems like the Stradics offer way better value for money. 

Yeah I looked into the sustains before and I’ve just found they are overpriced.  stradics preform just as well in my opinion and it seems it will be the same with the new sustain . This video explains all the differences between the 2016/2017 stradics compared to the 2016/2017 sustain  

On 21/07/2021 at 8:14 AM, Breaming with bro said:

Later this arvo/night  Shimano are releasing new gear fortunately for me I know Japan already done a release on their gear and I already the know the 4 spinning reels that will be coming to stores in Australia soon . 

1 new sustain 

2 new nasci

3 new spheros 

4 new nexave 

still have no idea on prices though and better info will come out tonight 

I’ve had a play with the new nasci and definitely a great little reel for the price point ($169)

12 hours ago, Newbie to Brisbane said:

I’ve had a play with the new nasci and definitely a great little reel for the price point ($169)

Yeah I might look into purchasing one to fit 30lb braid the 5000 size but not until atleast a year i got enough reels for now and I already got a 5000 sedona  and gonna spool it up with 300m of 20lb . They look like great reels and there price should be around $140-$150 the RRP is always higher  on the shimano site usually then new shimano reels come out they are fairly expensive for example I spent awhile looking at my Stradic FL until I saved enough money and I luckily managed to get one for $250 at BCF with their price beat policy I found another one online that was cheaper then BCF but when they first came out and for the first year they were 2019-late 2020 they were $269 at cheapest for the 1000/2500 now the absolute cheapest is like $230-250. 

• 2 weeks later...

I love my daiwa and shimano gear but they are pricing themselves out of the market for me.

Link below is from Choice magazine.

https://choice.community/t/kastking-sharky-111-3000-baitfeeder-reel-long-term-test/23558/35

Has anyone tried these and what is you opinion on them? 

https://kastking.com/collections/spinning-reels/products/kastking-sharky-baitfeeder-iii-spinning-reel

I’d stay far away from these reels many people like Alan hawk tackle advisors and many regular fishos don’t have anything nice to say about these reels . Most of these reels are made out of cheap weak parts . ATM for spinning reels the most reliable brands are daiwa Shimano penn not in any order there are a few good spin reels outside these brands such as  1 or a few by okuma fin nor ATC and other brands but for the most part the top 3 daiwa Shimano penn are the most reliable and best value for money when it comes to spin reels . As for a bait runner I’d have a look at the okuma ceymar and see if they are any decent if they aren’t decent you’ll most likely have to buy a shimano if you want a reel that will preform well and last

4 hours ago, SuperHans said:

I love my daiwa and shimano gear but they are pricing themselves out of the market for me.

Link below is from Choice magazine.

https://choice.community/t/kastking-sharky-111-3000-baitfeeder-reel-long-term-test/23558/35

Has anyone tried these and what is you opinion on them? 

https://kastking.com/collections/spinning-reels/products/kastking-sharky-baitfeeder-iii-spinning-reel

Several months back I was thinking about getting the "sharky model" but I was going to get one based on the fact that if any parts broke or  needed replacing then I would most likely have to throw it in the bin, as dealing with Chinese companies selling cheap products from past experience can be problematic at best.  I looked at a few vid's on youtube where the guys in the USA have bought some to try out and they said they weren't too bad (considering their price point) but no long term reviews.

In the end I opted out of getting one as the reliability of it would have always been on my mind when fishing and just ended up buying another Penn reel. Actually I bought the cheapo Abu reel first but returned it straight away after noticing the flex in the reels neck and then bought the Penn.