All round boat for Fishing and family in SEQ?

Gumboot

9 hours ago, Sylvathorn said:

I have an old Stessl alloy cathedral hull with alloy Bimini top(Hydrofield clone), 6.1m (7m with pod) that does all of the above, although launching in small rivers would be difficult. Weight inc trailer is just under 2 tonnes. It's super economical to run. It now has a 9.9 auxiliary and can run at hull depth with the main motor up. Something around 18 foot would probably be great for your needs.

However I don't know if anyone makes anything like them nowadays, but would be worth looking to see if someone does.

P1000492.JPG

P1000494.JPG

P1000518.JPG

That's a versatile boat mate. How much fuel does she hold/ what sort of range?

1 hour ago, Bretto77 said:

That's a versatile boat mate. How much fuel does she hold/ what sort of range?

120 litres in the main tank, the big Yam 4 stroke is very fuel efficient, uses about 3 litres p/h trolling at 5 to 8 kph and roughly 9 p/h at 3/4 throttle (35 to 38 kph). She generates bubbles under/between the hulls so there is very little drag, hence motor never works hard.

Very similar fuel usage to and almost as good as the Hydrofields. Couldn't believe it the first time I took her out trolling on the Broadwater - 3 1/2 hours and used about 8 litres.

12 minutes ago, Sylvathorn said:

120 litres in the main tank, the big Yam 4 stroke is very fuel efficient, uses about 3 litres p/h trolling at 5 to 8 kph and roughly 9 p/h at 3/4 throttle (35 to 38 kph). She generates bubbles under/between the hulls so there is very little drag, hence motor never works hard.

Very similar fuel usage to and almost as good as the Hydrofields. Couldn't believe it the first time I took her out trolling on the Broadwater - 3 1/2 hours and used about 8 litres.

The Yammy 4 strokes are good. A mate in Cairns has a 5.4m cruise craft with the 175 and on average (considering different trip conditions) gets just less than 1l/ nm. I think yours might better that.👍 His is a glass boat and different hull design to yours.

Nice.

A workmate (now retired) bought one (595) when he finished….loves it.  Serious fishing boat, no issues with quality.

Easiest thing would be to go and load up the family inside and see what its like for space.  5 fishing in a boat under 7 metres will be very full on I think.  Formosa is nice and beamy though - 595 is over 2.4m so its not going to be too bad inside just lots of lines in the water IMHO.

You could look at Seatrail trailers at Hemmant if you are in Brisbane.