The new boat

GregOug

4 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Very nice looking boat, Greg. The ability to get in and lock out the weather is a win, especially on a cold winter's morning.

Did you get a live-well plumbed in ?

Yes, having a closable cabin and a self draining deck is great. No more freezing to death, or not being able to see where you’re going, as you try to negotiate those huge seas bought on by that storm that wasn’t predicted and that you’re currently in the middle of halfway across the bay. 

And, yes, a plumbed live bait tank on the port side duckboard, near the fishing station/baitboard.

18 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Yes, I remember that day. We were lucky to have been sent warnings on the phone in enough time to get back to the ramp. A 10am thunderstorm in the middle of winter. Crazy.

That’s the one. I think it ultimately influenced my decision on buying the new boat somewhat. 

5 hours ago, Neil Stratford said:

Very nice boat , I have a friend that’s had the smaller one for a few years now. They are quite light in weight for their size , what are you towing it with? 
Ps. - No excuses not to catch a few fish now. ! 
Regards

Neil

Hi Neil,

Thanks. I'm not towing it because I would have needed to buy a large yank Ram or similar with enough towing capacity, as it is around 3500 kgs. I have it dry docked at Scarborough Marina at the moment, although I may move it to Manly Marina eventually. 

cheers

Greg

29 minutes ago, fatboy said:

Nice tub Greg, looked at buying one myself but I was just on $210,000 short so settled for a 4.2mtr Renegade, also it would be somewhat of a problem getting too far up Ningi Ck, even on high tide, hope you catch plenty 

Ningi Creek used to stop you, even in a dinghy at low tide, at a rock bar a fair way up. But that was forty years ago. It has probably all changed significantly now. It was a good place to fish as the tide came back in, especially for big bream.

57 minutes ago, Hweebe said:

Love the new Boat! @GregOug you are living the dream and definitely have your priorities right. You must have been an accountant in a past life to name your boat liquid asset 🙂 

Thanks @Hweebe. I’m far from an accountant. I just like names that play with words. And hopefully my priorities are right! Otherwise I’ve made an expensive mistake! Lol.

On 02/03/2024 at 6:29 PM, GregOug said:

i realise I have much to learn about the new electronics and other goodies onboard. Auto-pilot, radar, fishpoint, track point, joystick, etc etc.

Would love to try and setup radar to pickup birds and some topwater action! Have read this can be just as good as scanning underwater 🙂 

3 hours ago, Hweebe said:

Would love to try and setup radar to pickup birds and some topwater action! Have read this can be just as good as scanning underwater 🙂 

Actually, that was one of the benefits I listed as I tried to justify the expense of radar to myself. lol.

We will see if it actually works in practice!

2 hours ago, benno573 said:

nice looking boat there @GregOug - is this one as fast as the last one? 😆

check your pm's mate

Hi mate,

Thanks. No, there aren’t too many boats as fast as the last one. This one tops out around 30 knots, and for some reason, I don’t get whiplash when I touch the throttle?

cheers

Greg

1 minute ago, GregOug said:

Hi mate,

Thanks. No, there aren’t too many boats as fast as the last one. This one tops out around 30 knots, and for some reason, I don’t get whiplash when I touch the throttle?

cheers

Greg

And I still have the other one, in case anyone is looking for a very nice boat and a bit of a bargain. 

3 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Are we speaking the same language? lol.

? Didn't I make sense ?

I'm saying put up a For Sale thread in the Classifieds forum.

https://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/60-classifieds/

Then post a link to it in the Stejcraft thread

that has been going for a couple of years. Everytime someone Googles for a review they come on here and have a look at that thread.

23 minutes ago, ellicat said:

? Didn't I make sense ?

I'm saying put up a For Sale thread in the Classifieds forum.

https://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/60-classifieds/

Then post a link to it in the Stejcraft thread

that has been going for a couple of years. Everytime someone Googles for a review they come on here and have a look at that thread.

Thanks. Didn’t realise we had a classifieds area. So I’ve done the first part. Not sure how to add a link under the ss64 thread though.

@GregOug is your Radar one of these models? Viewing Birds with a Garmin Radar | Garmin Customer Support

The Auto Bird gain setting is available with the following radar models:

• GMR 424 xHD2

• GMR 624 xHD2

• GMR 626 xHD2

• GMR 1224 xHD2

• GMR 1226 xHD2

• GMR 2524 xHD2

• GMR 2526 xHD2

• GMR 18 / 24 xHD (Note: Software version 3.10 is required to enable the feature)

• GMR Fantom Radar series

2 hours ago, Hweebe said:

@GregOug is your Radar one of these models? Viewing Birds with a Garmin Radar | Garmin Customer Support

The Auto Bird gain setting is available with the following radar models:

• GMR 424 xHD2

• GMR 624 xHD2

• GMR 626 xHD2

• GMR 1224 xHD2

• GMR 1226 xHD2

• GMR 2524 xHD2

• GMR 2526 xHD2

• GMR 18 / 24 xHD (Note: Software version 3.10 is required to enable the feature)

• GMR Fantom Radar series

Hi @Hweebe. Yes, it is a Garmin Fantom.