Favourite Brand?

Cowfish13

I'm just wondering what everyone's over all favourite brand for rods and reels are. A one word answer is fine, or a small explanation on why it is your favourite.

My favourite brand is Shimano because the reels are really good quality and last for ever, and the rods all have good componants and actions.

I have a lot of stuff from other brands, but Shimano is my fave:)

Just what I've found from the few items I own and from lots and lots of reading reviews etc...

Shimano is great for high quality and service but Daiwa and Megabass are superb for catering to the enthusiast market.

G Loomis are good for their $150 breakage warranty deal too and make nice rods even though apparently the later models aren't quite as good as they used to be from what I've read.

Also for really cheap gear my Shakespear Tempest spinning reel hauled in some pretty nice fish and hardly let me down. Doubt I'll ever use it again though unless I break my Twin Power.

But if I have to pick a favorite then it would have to be MegaBass because they are my ultimate dream rod that I cannot justify paying for and my ultimate reel would be an Abu Revo Premier just because of the Carbon Matrix Drag.

rods: megabass (but would love to have a custom built rod)

reels: daiwa&megabass ito (love the ito, make daiwas even more sweet)

line: varivas (havn;t really tried 100s of line brands)

lures: megabass (nothing beats megabass)

hooks: katuage (megabass's choice, gotta be nice)

fish: anything that's willing to take my lure (bigger the better)

No real favourites, dont mind shakespeare, Shimano, Loomis rods, I loved my Loomis until I retired it.Prefer spiderwire braid, dont mind vanish flouro and Daiwa Mono.

Got some good cheap stuff to , I like my jarvis Walker and Penn rods, got a swag of ebay reels that do the job quite well.

Thinking about it I basically have no brand loyalty, If I pick it up and it looks / feels good for a price I am willing to pay, I'll buy it.

well couldnt help do a brag post just got my self the Fireblood Combo 1-2 kg X-light spin rod by shimano and i'm on my way now to get the reel proably a 1000 may get the 2500 depends on correct weight OMG spent $1000 on the combo 'GULP' :blink: Ahhh well its only money and i dont have a wife yet so mayaswell ill post a pic when i get it togther!! B)

I love my Daiwa, I just like how they make reels look. I like some loomis rods, not the one I just sold, but I've had a feel of others and they are good quality. Also really like my new Abu rod, its nothing like the Abu's we get here in Australia. Matches the sol beautifully.

i like shimano reels they take a lot of abuse.silstar powertip rods as you just cant kill them and they are cheap.platypus platinum for normal line and havent made up my mind on braid yet they alll have different qualities and owner or gamatsu hooks,

ecogear lures rock ooh yeah alveys for the beach i love a real you can wash clean in the salt:)

I have Shimano and Dawia [and a few other brands] I started with Alvey and like a lot of o

ther people was to proud to make the change to eggbeaters.[i still have freinds who wont change] I moved to shimano and have had no probs[apart from user error] and picked up a few daiwa along the way which i have had no probs with either.

A lot of fishing is luck,some being in the right spot at the right time etc

But confidence in yourself and the gear you like I feel plays the biggest part.

Dino

Archived