fish finders in kayaks!

kriso

sounderfitmentonprofish.jpg

Well i first bought from supercheap a Century PS 1270S 12v 7.0Ah and it runs my sounder and on off spraybar setup for approx 8hrs than the positive pin snapped off, So i went to BCF and paid approx 35ea for a REMCO Rm12-7.2 12v7.2Ah and i still havent flattened it after approx 8 hrs i also got a Battery fighter brand mini charger works a treat i think from memory was approx $50

Hey Kriso,

Mate at the moment there is no set date as to when the hatches will be available for the Profish other than as soon as we possibly can,

As for the battery for your sounder, a 7.2 amp hour battery is the one that fits in the slot.

They are sealed, and you can get them from BCF or supercheap autp for about $30.

I have been using this battery from ages now on my Viking Predator kayak, running a Humminbird Matrix 12, and will get multiple sessions from it before rechargeing.

All though I have no commerical interest in Humminbird sounders I do fully recomend them to anyone for kayak use, they are virtually bulletproof, as tested by me.

Cheers

Alex

Master Sardines wrote:

My fish finder / sounder

I went out in mine today and i could see fish swimming around me as i scared the crap out of them so i know there was some fish there. While the water was still a bit merkey i put the paddle in the water and if it touched i knew it was about 3-4 foot. When it didn't touch i knew it was deep. :huh:

Haha thats the method i have been using to date master :P

Angus

Confused wrote:

Krisco and angus you guys are quite welcome to come take a look through mine before you start cutting holes in, just to see and discuss maybe better options?

Yeah mate i think that would be awesome.

Are you going to come along to the AFO Day at baroon pocket dam. Plenty of fish and a good chance to look at other rigs :)

Angus

Archived