What rod for ~$100 ???

Do$tylz

Hey all,

Did some fishing on the weekend with some blokes from work on a boat on the Maroochy river (no report coz it was worthless).

Anyway, I ended up snapping my brothers rod that I borrowed from him :( And when I tell him, he's gonna be a little angry for a few minutes. He bought this rod in NZ 6 months ago, it was a 4 piece shimano (or silstar, dunno exactly) graphite rod and was pretty awesome.

I would like to decrease the severity and duration of anger by getting him a new rod and giving it to him as I tell him I broke his rod :)

What I'm looking for is a light spin rod. Like the 3 to 6kg mark, and around $100. Does anyone know of a good rod to get??? I was just gonna head to BCF or sumthin on Thursday night and find the best looking rod for $100. Maybe someone can help point me in the right direction.

Come on guys there are windows to poke the excess out too lol :P

I've done it for many times in my ex's 626 mazda coupe and my REAAAALY olde well it wasn't then HQ holden

with all the fold down back seats avaliable now there shouldn't be a prob

go 1 piece I say lol on an odd thought how many good to top quality rods come in 2 or more pieces :blink: :blink:

make the space

Gaz

Gazza wrote:

on an odd thought how many good to top quality rods come in 2 or more pieces :blink: :blink:

Gaz

I've got a 2 piece Shimano T-curve:) (rrp $250-300)

You can buy 6 piece Nitro rods I think for travelling anglers. (rrp $380)

There are a lot of Loomis 2 piece rods as well. (rrp alot of money)

Back on the subject, I would personally go the Berkley Dropshot, Pfluegar Trion or a Shimano Raider Rod:)

Angus wrote:

Feral wrote:
For your price range, I like Ugly sticks, you'll end up with some change that way!

Interesting Feral. I might have to put up another of Schultzies posts to answer this one :)

Angus

I've got an Ugly stick "Graph Lite" it's a 7', 2 piece with a 2-5kg rating and I love it. It's caught some good fish including my Jack from the other day. Tackle World are the only shop that sell them;)

Oh yeah I think it cost me $90.

Jayson

i have a pfluger criterion 2pc that i snapped a couple of weeks back and tackle world is trying to get me a replacement top hopefully for free i thought it was a bin job just shows you should ask as my missus keeps on telling me id rather walk off swearing normally lol:)

jason

Cheers for all the help guys. Much appreciated :) I'll let you all know tomorrow what I got.

Actually we're going fishing tonight as well. Heading to Manly Boat harbour. Will probably be there from 8pm to 10 or 11. Come one, come all :)

Gaz - I'll take you for a ride in my car, and I'll set you a challenge to safely transport your surf rod with me and you both in the car :P I reckon the police would get to us pretty quickly.

The day I get a larger car, I'll get an expensive 1 piece. Gotta see what all the fuss is about.

Gazza wrote:

Come on guys there are windows to poke the excess out too lol :P

I've done it for many times in my ex's 626 mazda coupe and my REAAAALY olde well it wasn't then HQ holden

with all the fold down back seats avaliable now there shouldn't be a prob

go 1 piece I say lol on an odd thought how many good to top quality rods come in 2 or more pieces :blink: :blink:

make the space

Gaz

check plat.co.jp

plenty of 2-4piece rods that's gonna cost u over 1000AUD

i think gazza is trying to say that normally a 2piece just doesnt feel as good they used to be heavier and ballsed the action but they got betta and betta till now on stiffer flick sticks you wont even feel the difference but even now on a softer bait rod they still strugle to keep the action even i havent played with the really expensive rods much not something i can replace my outboard at the same cost of

Hey kiddos.

Got myself to BCF Cannon Hill last night, and man. That store is pretty bloody awesome. The only thing I don't like is that the rods are displayed above the shelf, so my neck cramped a lil after looking up for around 10 minutes.

But anyway, I bought my brother a Sic Stick. I really like the look of the Trions but I couldn't find any 2 piece ones. Anyway, found a 1-4kg Sic Stick for $99, took it to the front counter and the lady said it was only $69. WOOT. What a score.

Anway went fishing at Manly and it was crap. Got bricked once, and had our herring bitten on the wrong spots a few times. Good to get out anyway.

Archived