AFO vs Lake Baroon - 3rd Feb 08 - Report/Roundup

username_taken

This bass had me fooled. After a long run i thought i had a huge fish. Turned out the second treble had picked up a lot of weed hahaha. Oh well, the first run was still impressive.

Also good to christian yet another Strike King lure. These have genuienly produced the goods on the bass. [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/angus.jpg

Some of the bass Stu and I hooked pulled like trains, especially when they thought the weed bed was in reach.

And then i made one of those perfect casts where you hook up as soon as the lure hits the water, then i had a look at what was between me and the best fish of the day lol, 2 sunken trees and a massive weed bed, by the time he had wrapped me around one of the trees a couple times we had motored over to watch him swim away lol

have to agree with you both there.

for the first time ive targted bass on lure only done it once before using live shrimp (5 years sgo) i forgot how hard they pulled. awesome fighting fish ill definetly be going bassing more often :D

thanks again from myslef, my dad and anthony for everyone that made today happen today the fishing was tough but awesome fun and the lunch was great. it was nice to meet a few of you and hopefully i will be able to meet the rest of you the next time.

so from msyelf my dad and anth, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Well here's some more pics.

It was a great day and well done Tom,I am impressed you guys went back out to get that Bass:cheer:

Thanks to Nigel the Viking and Alex the Viking man for the use of an awsome piece of equipment.I was quite supprised when I found I had paddled 6 to 8 kms since I havn't exersized for a long time.

Oh and I caught 1 Bass and a couple of Spangled Perch,which is a first:) [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/2008_01_28_254_baroon_AFO.jpg

post-1567-144598442908_thumb.jpg

Malcolm wrote:

Well here's some more pics.

It was a great day and well done Tom,I am impressed you guys went back out to get that Bass:cheer:

Thanks to Nigel the Viking and Alex the Viking man for the use of an awsome piece of equipment.I was quite supprised when I found I had paddled 6 to 8 kms since I havn't exersized for a long time.

Oh and I caught 1 Bass and a couple of Spangled Perch,which is a first:) [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/2008_01_28_254_baroon_AFO.jpg

Malcolm i know what you mean! You dont realise it until later. I would not have thought it was that far. But once we got into the car my father in law had his hand help GPS unit and plotted a rough distance. Our personal route covered at least 8-9km! And Malcolm from memory you paddled up a few extra arms than us!

Angus

• 3 weeks later...

Archived