Hi all just thought i would say Gday.

I have been trying the fishing around here (Brisbane area) and cant say I have caught a lot.

But I have managed a few nice squire here and there on squid but they go off the bite too quick (Fishing onshore), also hooked a few squid last winter off the jettys and was suprised at how much of a feed you get out of 1 good size squid.

Im going to get some live baits this arvo and im giving that a run.

I also throw sharks , rays and shovel nose sharks back, catfish also (what do people want with those?unless a largish shark i guess is good)..

But i am interested in getting into some big threadfin salmon in the Bris river,, sounds like fun

I am usually just an onshore fisherman,(probably get a boat one day), I used to live inland and caught the odd large cod, yellowbelly and trout.

Flathead are my favourite fish because and I usually just use

mullet strips, squid, yabbies or pilchards for bait when I go fishing and hope for the best.

BTW. I havnt caught a flattie here yet which is unusual because with those type of baits you usually snag one sooner or later.

cheers

yeah mate buy yourself a light spinning outfit put some 10 pound leader on it with a 1/6-1/8 ounce jighead and a 3"minnow or a culry tailed grub. Throw it out where flatties generally live, wind in slowly with little hops and I guarantee you'll get a flattie in no time.

yeah well i guess i was refering more to catfish and rays, Im sure they are a good feed if you know what your doing.

I have fished mostly of the around the waterway outlets at Cleveland because I have had a few promising squire and silver bream there but not many.

Had a bit of a run at redcliff/pine river and didnt catch a thing, but seen a guy there with lures saying the fishing was a little slow that month.

Had a few big Hits at manly rock wall (south of the marina) and got broke off but landed a few decent silver bream.

so I just enjoy getting out, but have yet to land somthing really big, well somthing that doesnt snap me off anyway.

thanks I might try myself some plastics and see how it goes because bait doesnt seem to persuade them much onshore(flathead that is).

Archived