Wivenhoe

Aaron H

Has anyone been to Wivenhoe lately have heard a few reports on the grapevine that the bass are getting caught not many but they are big (bigger than the Hinze and Maroon fish anyway)

I am now armed with two electrics after I picked up the motorguide and also 325 amp hours of battery power so I hope I have those bases covered. My biggest concern is launching, I know they stopped it when it dropped under the 20% mark but heard they opened it up again with the water rise? is it possible to launch with a front wheel drive Camry?

I sailed there yesterday and there were about 6 or so bass boats on the water at any one time. There seemed to be a fair amount of whoo hoo's going on.

We launch and sail from a leased area so its not for the public, but there are plenty of fisho's who are associate members of the sailing club to get a key.

spent 3 hrs chucking spinnerbaits around for nada

there were HEAPS of gar around and some of them were even following the spinnerbait in

went over to atkinsons crossing to give the river a try but they have blocked the track off and put no fishing and keep out signs every where

whats the rule on how close you can fish below the wall?

I went there on the weekend and got nothing but catfish. I too have a key for the sailing club so I can launch from Billies Bay. It costs $60 for the first year ($30 key deposit) and then $30 every year after that. It cuts down my paddling time immensley being able to launch near the most productive areas of the dam.

There is no clubhouse or anything there it is just a locked gate to a ramp that is leased by the siling club. I have been there about 10 times and I am yet to see anyone sailing!!! Most of their members are probably fisho's:lol: . I reckon late April/early May will be the time to get back there.

Bommie did you have a trailer with a couple of yak (green?) and a canoe I think. I got there about 12:30 and you were just driving down the ramp straight ahead from the gate and then on the way home I passed you pulled over at Fernvale.

It was a great arvo on the water. When I got there my mate was helping tow these tossers out of the scrub (in a Hyundai Excel!!!) after they admitted that they didn't have a key and said they drove in where some wire was cut (probably by them). He towed them out of the scrub and then up to the top of the hill outside the gate. They had trashed their car, ripped off the front bumper and couldn't get any gears.

My mate took their rego and was sending it off to the sailing club today. Bloody idiots. Of course they had the obligatory bottle of booze in their hands the whole time we were helping them.

yeh that was me with the canoe and green yaks, yeh one of the tossers came down told me they had tried to sneak in after cutting the fence, then ask if I could tow them out, but I would not of got my car there plus I would of had to take the trailer off etc and I'm sick of idiots breaking in and wrecking the place:angry: so I told them the ranger would give them a tow. Don't get me wrong, I would normally help someone out but,,,,,

I went over there on Good Friday and the gravel ramp look OK but there is very shallow water for a long way out. SHould be OK if you can lift the electric up on your rig.

What a pity the rangers didn't catch those pinheads on the spot. I'm sure they would have arranged for the local police to give them a tow (or a toe). :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived