2008 First Annual AFO Kayak Camp/Comp @ Hinze Dam.

Angus

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TerryH wrote:

I think it should be a good weekend. Plenty of viking kayaks out there on show :)

Viking:

-Profish 45

-Nemo

-Espri

-Tempo

Hobie:

-Revolution

-Adventure

-Outback

-Outback's 2 seater: the Outfitter

Ocean Kayak

-Prowler Elite 4.5

Over 30 odd yaks on the water at one time all differents makes and models, should be an awesome sight to see when everyone launches:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Heath

shortie wrote:

We can test out how good his mirage drive is. Tie it my front and rear locked patrol.

After that we can test out how good kriso's pajero is. My money is on the yak. lol

yeah but least my pajero looks fucken hot! hahah:laugh:

shortie wrote:

kriso wrote:
i have a acoustic guitar that i can bring if any ones brave enough to belt out a tune. ( i cant play it)

Malcolm is awesome on the guitar.

well your dobbed in mate im bringing it havent touched it in months so will tune it before i bring it

kriso wrote:

shortie wrote:
kriso wrote:
i have a acoustic guitar that i can bring if any ones brave enough to belt out a tune. ( i cant play it)

Malcolm is awesome on the guitar.

well your dobbed in mate im bringing it havent touched it in months so will tune it before i bring it

:ohmy: This I'm afraid is BS 2years ago I sucked at playing the guitar and I haven't picked it up since then. I couldn't even get a tune out of it now

Angus wrote:

2 more sleeps.

Time to get stuck in to my lure bag tonight and get everything in order!

Angus

I finalised my lures at the beginning of the week, but for some reason it hasn't atopped me from going over them again each day for the past couple of days and no doubt again today. I'm yet to make any changes to whats in there, gives me a chance to dream up different scenario's for different lures what to work with 1st where to go to 1st what to use when I get there so I make sure I have my differents rods loaded with the appropriate lures:blush: :blink: :laugh:

Crazy, I don't even think this hard when I am at work:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Must admitt do love it more than workB)

Heath

kriso wrote:

shortie wrote:
We can test out how good his mirage drive is. Tie it my front and rear locked patrol.

After that we can test out how good kriso's pajero is. My money is on the yak. lol

get ya hand off it...

benno573 wrote:

kriso wrote:
shortie wrote:

get ya hand off it...

wait till you see her, you'll drool lol

kriso wrote:

benno573 wrote:
kriso wrote:
shortie wrote:

get ya hand off it...

Remember you cannot fake legendary toughness.

The First rule about Fighclub is Dont talk about Fightclub.

shortie wrote:

kriso wrote:
benno573 wrote:
kriso wrote:
shortie wrote:

get ya hand off it...

Remember you cannot fake legendary toughness.

The First rule about Fighclub is Dont talk about Fightclub.

hahaha, i'm sure shortie and i will both not drool, however, a spew is possible... :X i'll stick with my real 4wd, that actually gets dirty, has scratches on it and loves it! as opposed to your pampered little pajero... that is yet to see actual offroad action. :whistle:

Hi every body,

Like others, looking forward to this weekend, despite the weather forcast.

But having never fished this dam before, and esecially not that far up into the dam arm, I'd just like a little info from those who have fished it please.

In the arm, how deep is the water likly to be at 100% full?

With the cold front approaching from the west on saturday, how is this going to affect the barometer and how will that affect the fish bite?

Will the possiblity of rain in them thar hills influence the fish to move up into the arms or more toward the dam wall trying to get downstream to breed?

Is there much in the way of lily pads, and\or weed or is it bank side structure?

there has been talk about big schools of bass, what are they schooling up over?

Thanks guys, see you this weekend.

Cheers

Alex

Alex:

Its deep in placed as its essentially flooded valleys. You can still troll some deep diving lures through the middle and not hit the bottom.

Tempreture wise, well I dont have heaps to go by, but last winter camp we cleaned up. Despite whatever is happening in the main basin, there always seems to Bass, Silver and the occasional Yella caught up in the arms. I still havent seen a yella caught on a lure in Hnze but ill be trying very very hard to break that rule this weekend.

Also in regards to wind, we will be largely protected from it where we will be fishing which will be nice.

Angus

benno573 wrote:

hahaha, i'm sure shortie and i will both not drool, however, a spew is possible... :X i'll stick with my real 4wd, that actually gets dirty, has scratches on it and loves it! as opposed to your pampered little pajero... that is yet to see actual offroad action. :whistle:

In that case, I reckon my crappy corolla has seen more offroad action :laugh:

Just read a thread on akff on hinze fished yeasterday only one landed but they reckon the water quality testers told'em that the deep water was not well oxygenated and the shallows would be the best bet for a fish.

Heath

great advice thanks heath!

and terry, my old falcon saw a lot more off road action than kriso's pajero, likewise your corolla probably has too! when i was in the kimberley there was all these signs saying "4WD only". never figured out what they meant... :laugh: :laugh:

Archived