Port Rockwall Anzac Day

Cowfish13

Due to the wind direction, we went out to the rockwall at the mouth of the river yesterday. We didn't get too much, but we got two pretty good fish:)

One was a 55cm Cod. It was a new pb for Jack, but I would've put $50 on it being a Stingray judging by the fight:blink: Didn't really do much, but we're not complaining:lol:

Second decent fish was one of those Morwong. Can't remember the exact name:S Dad got it:) It was 43cm

I dropped a Bream that looked about 34cm as I was lifting it into the boat. Was on a lure as well:( Would've been a new pb:(

And that was it. Pics to follow:)

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. We saw heaps of pelagic action:woohoo:

There were Mackerel smashing Gar around our boat, but we couldn't hook up. One was just cruising around with a big Gar in its mouth. Would've made 70cm

And there were some massive Longtails smashing bait in the distance, but they were flighty:(

Plastic Man: It's what makes us keep going back for more:cheer:

Bait was all that worked yesterday. The Cod was on some fresh fillet bait and the Morwong was on a Prawn. Funny thing was that Dad had been catching 15cm Snapper for the last couple of hours and then he hooked the big Morwong. He thought it was a snag, and then it took off.

Only a couple of small fish on lures, but the Bream would've been good if I'd landed it

Cowfish13 wrote:

One was a 55cm Cod. It was a new pb for Jack, but I would've put $50 on it being a Stingray judging by the fight:blink: Didn't really do much, but we're not complaining:lol:

it actually did the usual stingray run and stop a couple of times but instead of just a stingray doing the usaual and sucking onto the sand it was actually a cod running itself into the reef and i must of been pulling it out again. After calling it for a wobbygong on first sight we were amazed at the size of the cod as it came up from the bottom.

Lucky i was using a 40lb penn 10x leader (amazing stuff) or otherwise it would have been busted off.:)

Well done guys. Bad luck on the near PB. Sounds like a pretty good spot there. Oh and yeah that 40lb Penn leader is pretty tough. I used it to land my biggest Jack and did the same thing pulling him out of the rocks. Not exactly finesse fishing :P

Nice fish guys, well done

When you guys were telling me about those longtails this arvo i was like..

Great, that'd be my luck. A time when they're busting up and I could have got there in the yak, but instead I'm somewhere else...

Longtails was mentioned and I was thinking "I don't want to hear it" :ohmy: :(

haha, but I'll get one of those longtails... just make sure I dont see a longtail landed in that prowler before I get one :P :woohoo:

Again, nice fish :)

Archived