NPD 13May2008

EMP

What happens when EMP gets a chance for a quickie? He doesn't grab the chance. Instead, he goes for a longie, if there's such a thing. :P

The night before I headed off, I asked Master D as to how to target a Yellowbelly. He reckons the yella come around as you go for bass. "Catch bass and they will come, young apprentice", said the master.

So, 10:30 the following morning, I was throwing spinnerbaits at the dam. Half an hour later... bang! My PB golden perch, 46 cms. :) [img size=375]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PB_yella_46_cm.JPG

post-2597-144598457943_thumb.jpg

About an hour later, I lost my spinnerbait.

Another hour, another spinnerbait goes to the dam.

I spent the next hour walking around Bullocky looking for a good spot for next time... whenever that will be.

:) :) :) :) :) EMP

Master D, I was at McGavin then took off for Bullocky in the afternoon to donate another spinnerbait. :laugh:

Brisfisher, thanks mate, well, we can only eat so much fish. :)

Fishyman, I love this dam although I hate it when it steals my spinnerbaits. :laugh:

Rocket, c'mon, if I look good then you're Adonis. :laugh:

Kriso, I stay as long as possible on a fishing spot and quite addicted to it. :laugh: What you might not know is that sometimes I get nothing. :laugh:

Thanks everyone! :)

EMP:)

Good onya EMP. Good read - your excitement really shines thru LOL:woohoo:

When you fillet it, make sure you cut out the fat line that runs along both sides of the back either side of the dorsal.

That'll get rid of any "Muddy" taste;)

Feral wrote:

Good on you Emp. Next we will have to tell you how to fillet them so they taste their best!

Thanks, Feral. :)

I suck at filleting. I have tried doing the same to my mullet and I ended up dissecting it and wasting half of the meat. :laugh:

EMP

shortie wrote:

$10 spinner bait. A great day out with good fish Priceless.

Good session mate. We will need some lessons from you.

Yeah, catching a fish is priceless indeed. :)

Lessons from me? LOL. The only thing that I am practical about is this: Time bait spends under water is directly proportional to chance of catching something. However, my spinners have been underwater for more than a day now. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

EMP

ellicat wrote:

Good onya EMP. Good read - your excitement really shines thru LOL:woohoo:

When you fillet it, make sure you cut out the fat line that runs along both sides of the back either side of the dorsal.

That'll get rid of any "Muddy" taste;)

Thanks for reading my report, Ellicat. :)

I shall apply your filleting tips. By the way, I will let you all see what happened to my finger from cleaning the fish. :(

EMP wrote:

jeff f wrote:
good one ernie

hey dennis you are going to have to start calling him grasshopper

A grasshopper because......?:huh:

Thanks, Jeff. :)

EMP

old tv show from the '70s called kung fu

the old master always called the young desciple grasshoper;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived