Hinze 15 May 08

Rocket75

Aaron and I hit Hinze today for a spot of bass fishing with lures and shrimp.

Just as well we took the shrimp, because that was the only method that got a touch.

We trolled, cast, jigged and popped every likely looking lure within reach and got nothing. From 11.00am – 5.00pm we had either bait and / or a lures in the water at all times, but the fish were few and far between and totally ignored lures of all types.

On a positive note, Aaron managed a nice yellowbelly (his first from Hinze) and a decent 37cm bass on shrimp. Between us we did manage a dozen or so fish of varying size, my largest a bass of approx 35cm. To go with his Bass and Yellow (that was called for a turtle mid-battle!), Aaron got a Tandanus (Eel-tail Catfish), that he called for a Bass!

We tried bloody hard to find the fish today, traveling right down to the main basin where the rowers start their races, but the sounder remained frustratingly void of life.

I hope you boys and girls have more luck on the weekend at the yak camp, for your sake I hope all the bass are all hiding up near your campsite.

Oh, and don’t forget your winter woolies, it’s getting bloody cold up there even during the day, wouldn’t want to freeze your ball-sinkers off.

Thanks for the ride today Aaron, as a dutiful deckie should be, I was happy to be out-fished by the captain.

[img size=336]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/hinze_150508_006.jpg

post-953-144598457999_thumb.jpg

I could of sworn the yella was a turtle did not make one run at all, as for the tandanus that came in a quiet period and was just happy to be onto a fish, thanks for coming down Rod and hopefully we will do better next week at Maroon or Borumba with a bit of luck (gotta love annual leave)

Archived