More Trevalie from moreton 24/5/07

Funfisher

Ended up going back too moreton this sat for another shot at the big kingies and trev's with my mate Andrew. Was a choppy run over to the island but shortly after arriving andrew was onto a solid fish and took around 10 minutes of fighting to land his pb Trev and he was a happy camper;) . About twenty minutes later i spotted a big kingie coming up the trail and deployd a bait wich was hungrely taken and managed too hold onto the fish for around two minutes and he too me into the reef and cut through 80lb leader with ease!! (these are some seriously tough buggers!!!!!

We fished for a few more hours and dropped a few fish shortly after hookup and i managed to hook up another trev wich took me a good 10 to 15 minutes of arm stretching top bring in. Lucky that this time we brought the brag mat and was able to get proof of size for fotm and it went only a few cm bigger than Andrews:laugh: . Overall had a great day and was quite chuffed with being able to do this two weekends in a row.

cheers

Tristan [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/trevalie_2_001_AFO.jpg

post-1056-14459845909_thumb.jpg

Definately was a cracker session. I thought i had tristan covered for once but as always he had the final say, this time by only a few cm's. There are some brute fish over there - tristan didn't mention the the fact that i had my tld 25 locked up with 50lb line and 80lb leader and needed help to lift the rod to try and keep one of those kingies off the bottom. Talk about redlining! Maybe next trip everything will hold together.

great goldens! if you want to tempt the kings try these.

get some 6 or 8" sluggos or bass asassin stick baits and rip them up and down or across the surface with some switches, kings can't resist them. white is a good colour in sydney not sure here, might pay to get a couple of colours. but they definately work! good luck. frang

straddiebrad wrote:

there is some great fish there pitty about the king fish i went to curtin saturday left too late mate got sick headed back hour later no fish may get out friday night depending on weatherany tips on where to start from.

I like to leave from port of brisbane boat ramp its a good run from their.

Archived