NPD 22 June 08...slugish.

Rocket75

Met up with Dan23 for an afternoon of bassin at NPD.

I arrived at about 3.00pm to find Dan had been fruitlessly casting since midday. Suggested a change of location and headed to the first carpark area that has produced recently.

Not long after arrival we found some fish.

They were not big, and there were not lots of them, but we got a few to keep us happy.

Once again they were holding deep and the metal slugs were the only way to go.

Pattern was to cast as far as possible, let it sink, then slow jig-wind and repeat. Colour, shape and weight seemed unimportant, anything that got out far enough was a good chance.

The bite was hot and cold, with bursts of activity followed by a chance to have a chat:P .

EMP joined us for a while and headed off to have a cast around the corner...we later heard him cursing NPD so I reckon he lucked out.:(

Dan upgraded his PB with a solid fish approx 43cm, but was bricked and busted off by something substantial out deep.

As night approached the bass moved in tighter and Dan scored two on a spinnerbait. Of course I changed to lures to match and got one too;)

All fish were fat as, one of them spat up an intact boney approx 50mm long. Bait fish were flicking on the surface and we saw one huge boil amidst them out deep:woohoo: .

Things closed down despite our best efforts and we left just as darkness took over.

Thanks for the company Dan, good to catch up again.

Tally : Dan - 4, Rod - 8

Dan has some photos that he may add later.

Rocket

Dan23 wrote:

EMP wrote:
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

EMP

ha ha, bad luck mate. Good to meet you anyway.:)

Hehehe. All good, mate. Great to meet you, too.

Btw, both of you left me there! I actually didn't know you left. LOL. I'm like, "it's so dark in here..... where are those two guys?". Hehe. I couldn't hear what you were saying. It must have been that time when you were saying "we're gone, loser". Hehehe.

T'was fun, mate. See you soon. :)

Oh, I think I might just be able to go there again Wednesday. Not sure yet of the time.

EMP

Archived