GC Canals - Pb's Smashed!!!

Cowfish13

Ok, this was probably our best days fishing that I can remember:woohoo:

What I'm gonna do, is chuck up photo's of all the fish caught, and then I'll add the captions when I'm done:)

I'll just put the tally up first:P

Me: 2 Bream (26 and 29cm, meh...:laugh: ), 46cm GT, 2 Bludger Trevally (40, 44cm), 60cm Estuary Cod, Moses Perch, 80cm Hairtail:ohmy:

Jack: 3 Flathead (61, 45, 40cm), 30cm Cod, 80cm Hairtail:ohmy:

Fraser: 39cm GT, 33cm Snapper, 15cm Big-eye:P

We kept one of the Hairtails, let all other fish goB)

So yeah, give me a sec to chuck the photo's up:)

Jack got this very nice 61cm Flathead on a 1/40oz hidden weight jighead with a 3"minnow. Was on his 4lb Bream gear with 6lb leader as well:cheer:. Took about 5mins to land as well. And I may or may not have nearly lost it for him:laugh:

[img size=374]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PICT0009_AFO-0ac48319e6568f43cdf748775e3eb939.jpg

post-320-144598462852_thumb.jpg

Very good story behind this one. Hooked him about 40m from this pipe, but he literally towed me over there:blink: Then he swam about 10-15m up the pipe, somehow, after 10mins, I managed to land him. Went 60cm, about 3kg (based on previous captures weighed) and was a pb Cod for meB) When I released him, he coughed up a couple of Gulps:D

BTW, was so lucky to get him. Caught him on my 4lb Bream gear with 6lb leader:woohoo: :woohoo:

[img size=374]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PICT0011_AFO-fe6876111c975a0f11ac18f2adb46f3b.jpg

post-320-144598462856_thumb.jpg

Fraser had to go home about 30mins before us, but as we were heading back, we saw this huge school of bait being smashed by something weird looking:huh: Turned out they were Hairtails:woohoo: I got one first, but let him go, then Jack got one, so we decided to keep this cause we've heard that they're good eating, and there were literally hundreds thrashing around us. Then a big cruiser went through:angry: and they didn't take lures for a while, so we left as it was pitch black by this stage.

[img size=374]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PICT0017_AFO-aa952f57b73bc1caad31b04bbef2e8e6.jpg

post-320-144598462867_thumb.jpg

Cowfish13 wrote:

Ok, this was probably our best days fishing that I can remember:woohoo:

What I'm gonna do, is chuck up photo's of all the fish caught, and then I'll add the captions when I'm done:)

I'll just put the tally up first:P

Me: 2 Bream (26 and 29cm, meh...:laugh: ), 46cm GT, 2 Bludger Trevally (40, 44cm), 60cm Estuary Cod, Moses Perch, 80cm Hairtail:ohmy:

Jack: 3 Flathead (61, 45, 40cm), 30cm Cod, 80cm Hairtail:ohmy:

Fraser: 39cm GT, 33cm Snapper, 15cm Big-eye:P

So yeah, give me a sec to chuck the photo's up:)

Far out nice work!

What lures did the damage. Sorry if im pre empting caption info :P

Angus

STU wrote:

no queenies to be seen or did you get smoked by some

Heaps, some around 90cm long:woohoo: Managed to hook one on a slug, but dropped him, then couldn't tempt any more.

Also we got smoked twice by some big Cod. Jack lost an SX40, I lost a plastic. No chance of stopping them.

Cheers for all the replys guys:cheer: Those Trevally are some of the best fish ever, but that Cod was so coolB)

Rocket75 wrote:

a day to remember, nice work fellas.

That hairtail looks like it would have a lot of bones?

Rocket

It also feels like it will:D We're just kinda cutting into into "steaks", then we'll fry it and pick the meat away from it that way.

Will let everyone know how it goes:cheer:

Terry: Nah, we got the two GT's on SX40's and a Bream, but every other fish was on 3" Powerbaits in pumkinseed, with varying jigheads. Mine were all 1/16oz TT

Edit: Nearly forgot, the 26cm Bream was my first non-Gulp plastic caught Bream:cheer:

awesome trip guys! haven't seen a haritail for a while... and that cod! :blink: :ohmy:

regards hairtial and bones, the last about third of the body is quite bony, the rest is awesome. generally roll them around in a hession sack which gets rid of the silverfrost (not scales, a bit like mackeral but not really that good to eat) and then steak them up. a good feed to be had there!

Archived