2008 Winter Camp - Results/Report

Angus

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great weekend guys! Thanks again to Steve for organising another awesome Sports tuition camp. And Another big thanks to Angus and Bfo crew for making the weekend happen! Also the prizes from the sponsors were sugar on the cake.

Now I do have a serious bone to pick though. Once again I was out fished by the missus. Again. Steve, Angus we'll have words about this later!;)

Sam got a total of 7 bass over the weekend, this is the most bass shes caught in one session. Also she got her PB of 34.5cm:cheer:

Also, our friend shelly got her first ever bass! Which was great to see.

Big congrats to all those who popped there bass cherry this weekend.

Cant wait till next one.

Pics to follow

put ya chilly bin lid away mate... :P

a funny moment that has been un-reported thus far...

kreel - had had possibly a few too many lemonades on friday night and misjudged his seating position... follwed later that night by some idiot called benno was slipped on the wet bricks outside the cabin and fell flat on his arse. there may have been a couple of lemonades invloved there too... :blush: :silly: ;)

benno573 wrote:

put ya chilly bin lid away mate... :P

a funny moment that has been un-reported thus far...

kreel - had had possibly a few too many lemonades on friday night and misjudged his seating position... follwed later that night by some idiot called benno was slipped on the wet bricks outside the cabin and fell flat on his arse. there may have been a couple of lemonades invloved there too... :blush: :silly: ;)

hahha i didnt fall over i just made a ground pizza from the cabin balcony rofl! :silly:

on a similar note to polyphonic, i was unpacking last night and couldn't find my air-bed pump that i lent to someone to use on friday night (i'm sorry i can't remeber specifics like who etc... :blush:, a lot of friday nigth is a bit hazy). if you still have this, i would love it back at some stage before the rainbow beach trip. if you did give it back to me and i forgot about that bit (which is entirely possible) please drop me a PM. thanks guys.

and polyphonic - i think that steve had a few green ones on sunday arvo during packing up. not sure, if i'm wrong don't taze me bro... :P

Ohhh here I go, My first EVER post!

Before I tell you all how I kicked Ashes ass once again, I would like to say a GREAT BIG Thank you to Steve and Angus for organising and executing a wonderful weekend and also a Supersized thank you to Tanya for all the cleaning and work she did!

I had a fantastic weekend, met the most wonderful people with GREAT senses of humour and now have a "your Mum" joke for Every occasion!!!! :laugh:

I caught 7 fish all up using bait only (YES That was, wait for it... 2 more then Ash)All were caught next to a tree trunk or such! The biggest was 34.5, which is a personal best!! I was however smashed by something that felt bigger, but it bricked me..... :(

All in all, it was one of the best weekends of my life!

Before I tell you all how I kicked Ashes ass once again

I caught 7 fish all up using bait only (YES That was, wait for it... 2 more then Ash)

Yeah...thanks babe.:(

Just jokes, i like letting you beat me, keeps you interested!:huh:;)

Angus wrote:

Back to school.

Schultzy gives everyone some insite into trolling up bass in impoundments. [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/2-8ecd53ed7341b6b6a6cefd3870dbd50b.jpg

Thanks for the kind words everyone! :blush:

The crew were quite attentive, especially when you consider that most were sleep deprived, hung over and mildly hypothermic.;)

I had an enjoyable afternoon chatting to friends both old and new.

Thanks Angus.

reelchippy wrote:

Hi guys what were the cabins like facilities where they powered any pic.sounds like a good place for family stay.cheers

Cabin we were in had 8 bunks in it. Beds were comfortable. Had storage area for clothes and 240 volt lighting . i didnt look for power points.

Had to walk to shower and toilet block.

Camp kitchen has good facilities with fridges,freezers plenty of crockery etc, adjacent dining room has tv and electric heaters. It also has a large wood heater but they charge you for wood.

Cheers

Ray

kriso wrote:

mna all those fish look better then mine!

It might be that they all were better than yours kriso!! mind you you're still one up on me!!

Whilst i am here posting for my first time I would like to thank Steve and Angus (and Tanya for cleaning up after all us messy buggers!) for an unforgettable weekend, not only was it basically the first serious fishing I have done in along time, it was also a brilliant learning experience. I would also like to shout out to Sam and Ash and thank them for taking me along (thanks to Ash for all the helpful hints...not that they worked mind you!). Shultzy opened my eyes to the real world of bass fishing and for that I thank him as well.

Onto the camp fire sessions...I don't think I have laughed that much in my life, what with the 'your mum' comments, the 'you lost me at kneecaps', the Borat impersonations, not to mention KFC (kiwi for chicken!)...what more could you ask for in a weekend?! Maybe free fire wood next time...but that 30c was well worth it! Jeff, you are a never ending supply of information, I don't know if i retained anything, but we shall soon find out!

Anyway, thanks once again to everyone for a fantastic experience, one of the best weekends I have had...I am just glad I eventually caught something! 32cm Bass...my first and probably my last considering it took me a day and a half to find the damn thing!

i just had some kiwi chicken for lunch... :laugh: good times. good to see shell and sam finally got around to posting some stuff in the public forum! :woohoo: and shell, i got 3 for the weekend and caught nothing all day yesterday! i'm sure next time there will be a few more fish boated! :)

one thing i thought was funny was people that havent seen me before that said when they find out i was kriso, i was expecting a tall hairy dude in a mankini! hahhah my new avatar should be interesting if people go off for avatars for what people look like rofl. they must pray ellicat doesnt turn up, the human body with the shark head lol. [img size=250]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Super_Troopers_thumb.jpg

post-1088-144598464159_thumb.jpg

Archived